Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did G1 Overlord get released in Australia?

Same here. Although I did initially encounter Overlord in Masterforce from overseas relos who'd taped those awful StarTV dubs on VHS. But yeah, never actually saw any images of the toy until the interwebs, and never saw the toy IRL until I came across one in Melbourne's Box Hill Animezone store about 15 years ago. I still haven't seen a Hasbro Overlord IRL, only ever photos online and in my Transformers Generations Deluxe book.

I knew him from the picture on the back of the box of my Gripper. I don't recall actually seeing Overlord in shops though, or seeing the Motorvators around much at all either.

I remember when I started exploring TFs online and getting a better idea of what the Overlord toy was, and also discovering Gripper was part of a Japanese combiner and that explain those expandable arms!

I think my local Toyworld had one or two but I really didn't understand I should have been asking for that. I think that was the same year Classics came out so I just asked for characters from the G1 cartoon.

I would KILL for an Encore reissue of him. Such a shame Takara axed the Encore program. Haven't had one for years
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I would KILL for an Encore reissue of him. Such a shame Takara axed the Encore program. Haven't had one for years
    Overlord and Black Zarak (without the GPS) would be great reissues.

But I'll have to settle for the upcoming Generations Overlord and hope when they get around to Titan Scorponok that a Black Zarak remould/repaint happens.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Yup. It's downright criminal they did Sky Lynx, Trypticon (got one on the way this week!) and Max, but no Omega, Scorponok or Overlord.

Which is why I am hunting a G1 Overlord, I don't care how long it takes, long as I get one in decent condition at a reasonable price, he will be mine!

Megatran Guest

Omega Supreme got an Encore reissue in 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Omega Supreme got an Encore reissue in 2008.
    They most certainly did

When we wish for all these G1 reissues the thought always goes through my head, I hope they know where the mould is and it's in good condition.

We all know about the lost, damaged and destroyed moulds.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    They most certainly did
    Shelfwarmed badly too. As did Sky Lynx and Metroflex.
    Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    When we wish for all these G1 reissues the thought always goes through my head, I hope they know where the mould is and it's in good condition.

We all know about the lost, damaged and destroyed moulds.
    ^Excellent point. And let's not forget that mid to late G1 reissues don't necessarily sell as well as reissues of early G1 toys. Reissue God Ginrai was a terrible shelfwarmer.