View Poll Results: Would you purchase a new MP Convoy & Starscream?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Probably would - I own at least one existing MP version of these characters

18 40.91%
  • Probably would - I do not own any existing MP versions of these characters

0 0%
  • Probably would not - I own existing MP versions of these characters

21 47.73%
  • Unsure

5 11.36%
  • Other (please specify)

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you purchase a new MP Convoy & Starscream?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    I think TT should return to the original Masterpiece designs of balancing cartoon accuracy with real-world detail.
    I agree. I've got a few of the car MPs, MP10, Hot Rod and Ultra Magnus, and those last two don't quite "fit in" with the other, more realistic MPs. From pic, Star Saber seems the same, more Gundam than TF in my eyes. But I guess that's due to the post 1986 movie toys being based on character designs, instead of the other way around....

I would think I would fall into the "no" category... I utterly adore MP10, it's easily one of my favorite toys. And, after dropping waaay too much money getting a full compliment of MP seekers in the MP11 mould (with Dirge still to come!), I don't want to have to get the whole lot again in a new design, even if it is an improvement on the MP11 mould.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

I'm happy with MP-10 and MP-11 but since I buy every main line TT MP I'd probably get the new versions plus whatever Seeker repaints come from Starscream.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

As much as I like the animation accuracy approach I'll go "no", I preferred the amalgamation of animation accuracy with toy homages past mp's did, and mp10 was perfect all in all anyway

I think I'll go with unsure. It would really depend on what the new toy offers that the previous toy didn't, and how it stacks up first and foremost as a cool toy.

I'm a bit past the idea that I only need one version of a character and that's it, although at the same time returning characters do need to be something special to warrant a purchase.

One thing to remember with the MP line, is there will always need to be a version of Optimus/Convoy, Starscream etc readily available to people (without relying on the aftermarket). It's fine for us hoary old veterans to want Takara to fill out season one, but they will always be mindful of inducting new younger collectors into the line, at lets face it the gateway to MP collecting is always Optimus.

So I'm pretty sure Taktom will be re-releasing or remaking Optimus till the line ends.

FatalityPitt Guest

I voted the 3rd option - Probably not. I'm pretty satisfied with my MP-11 Starscream, and I can't imagine another MP Starscream topping it... Unless it can talk.

EDIT: By 'talk', I mean it could have electronic sounds, like TR Fort Max, G1 Galvatron, or G2 Megatron. The electronic sounds shouldn't be limited to sound effects (shooting, 'swooshing', etc), but also include proper quotes - even if they're direct recordings from the 1980's cartoon. Man, I miss Chris Latta

I'm happy with what I've got. And so is my wallet.

Yeah, sure. I don't have an MP Starscream yet, and I do kind of want one. A new mold/reworking would do just as well as MP11 for me.

Strictly speaking, they haven't done any same-scale v2s yet. You could argue Starscream is i guess... but not really (it's more like v0.5 since most of the changes originated with the first prototype).

That said, I think it's probably inevitable that new versions will come. The reasons from Lord_Zed are spot on I think.

I feel there's a lot that they could approach differently too - actually the cynic in me thinks they probably made a few decisions on MP-10 solely to leave that door open. Stuff like the odd transparent pieces on the groin, or overall proportions, detailed legs. Even his windscreens are quite different to the cartoon. Starscream is a 10 year old design despite the MP-11 updates so i think he could be done a lot better now, from scratch.

I love both MP-10 and MP-11 though and don't look forward to replacing them on my display. But if new versions can offer something unique and look good, I know i'll want them!

I would buy both. In fact I've been debating whether I should open my Hasbro MP-10 for display but think I will just buy doubles whenever an Optimus v3 or + variant is inevitably released. As a completist I shudder to think about collecting v3 of the seeker mold.