View Poll Results: Would you purchase a redecoed Titan Class figure?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 66.67%
  • Only if it's a well known character

2 9.52%
  • Only if (something else - please specify)

2 9.52%
  • Undecided

1 4.76%
  • No

2 9.52%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you purchase a redecoed Titan Class figure?

Default Would you purchase a redecoed Titan Class figure?

Titan Class figures we've had so far are:
    * Generations Metroplex
    * Titans Return Fortress Maximus
    And we have the upcoming Generations Trypticon

But would you buy a Titan Class figure that was redecoed, especially as a lesser known character such as Metro Titan or Black Zarak etc.? Did you even purchase Metroplex when it was redecoed as the well known Fortress Maximus? Cos let's face it, Titan Class figures are bloody expensive. Just curious to see how much interest there is in these sort of redecoes (and thus if it's worth HasTak's time/money to bother making them).

I've voted "Yes" for 2 reasons:
    1/ It'd be cheaper and easier than hunting down the G1 versions
    2/ I can play with these toys without fear of breaking them, especially on notoriously brittle toys like Black Zarak

You forgot Titan Class Devastator.

I wouldn't even consider a Metroplex recolour.

A G2 Devastator maybe...

A Brave Maximus if done well would be a must buy.

Not sure what you recolour Trypticon into since that JP BW character was more a slight remould than anything else.

I'd be keen on the Japanese repaints, Metrotitan, brave etc.

Instead of the 50 shades of green we got with Devastator, I really wished that they'd released him in yellow, orange and diaclone colours. I would have bought all 3.

100% for all of them,
    They're intimidating and imposing - the more the merrier.
    Can't have shelves only of similarly heighted toys now can we

A Yellow G2 Devvy would be form alt mode display (doubt theyd do the orange)

Sure metroplex wasn't very chunky, but perhaps they could use a couple of fort max pieces to bulk him up a bit for a metrotitan? Either way the Metrotitan colour scheme would be an instant buy.

Other than that, my only issue from a spending perspective is the doubling up with takara and their different paint jobs. While 2 different paint schemes is perfect for the "one robot mode one alt mode" idea, that's when we start talking major dollars.

Edit: I've mentioned this before, but I'd also love to see a redecoed/retooled scrapper released as scoop for an alternate leg option for devvy, that would be cool
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

I totally would buy any Titan figure...

Hell I have the Con exclusive Metroplex.

I would be all over a MetroTitan, G2 Devy, Brave/Grand Maximus... even Gigastorm

FatalityPitt Guest

Like Goktimus said, Titan Class figures are bloody expensive. I only have one: Thrilling 30 Metroplex. I'm a huge Fort Max fan, and I still haven't gotten him because of the hefty price tag, plus I'm still satisfied enough with my G1 Fort Max. But if I had the money, I'd definitely splurge on characters like Grand Maximus and Black Zarak. I might even buy Black Zarak instead of plain-vanilla Scorponok. That's the nice thing about repaints/retools; you get more options on which version of the character you can buy.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

We all know Omega Supreme is just a matter of time, then there will be a Guardian, then the army building will begin.

Theoretically yes. There hasn't been a Titan Class figure that I like enough to have bought yet, but I wouldn't be opposed to a redeco of the same if it happened.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Not being a G1 fan means that's a strong no from me; one version of the mold is enough when it's that many $$!
    If I like the mold I'll get recolours galore (I have 5 different AOE Evasion Primes lol) but when we're talking 200+ and I don't have any attachment to the characters I'm going to say nope :P

I have yetto purchase a titan class figure because I don't have the space right now, most of my collection is languishing in storage. So unfortunately, no I wouldn't buy a repainted titan class tf