Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Info and Activities > Kup's Discussions and Questions

Sightings/Sales

Old 8th April 2018, 04:01 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
Sorry, my post wasn't a rant but rather in response to Magnus' post which I'd forgotten to quote for context. Fixed now.
Ah whoops . Thinking about it now, the Studio Series stuff looks really impressive. Looking at pictures of Stinger, I can't seem to spot any fake car-kibble on the robot mode.

My thought's on Magnus' topic. If adult collectors want Transformers that are more detailed and complex, there's always Masterpiece.
Old 8th April 2018, 07:32 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Is the chest vehicle kibble? If so then that's pretty much it.

I can't tell if the chest is meant to be vehicle kibble even when looking at the screen model because it's so weird looking. I can't tell if it's meant to be the car grill heavily deformed or just part of the robot. <sigh> And watching Stinger transform on screen is of zero help since the AoE Decepticons all "Tetris-form."

But yeah, Stinger does very well in integrating his vehicle parts. IMO the toy feels like a Voyager that's been reduced down to the size of a Deluxe, which to me feels like excellent value for money.
Old 8th April 2018, 08:46 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
Is the chest vehicle kibble? If so then that's pretty much it.
Yeah, I thought so too. Because if my memory serves, Takara once released a red repaint of the deluxe AoE Bumblebee as Stinger. I remember that Bumblebee mould having fake car kibble on the chest. By that - the car grill (or front bumper) that usually forms Bumblebee's chest was sculpted onto the robot mode, rather than the actual front of the car becoming part of the chest.

They've done similar things to some G1 Starscreams (CW and PotP) where they sculpt the jet cockpit onto the chest rather than have the cockpit become part of the chest.

I think the nice thing about the Studio Series Transformers is there doesn't seem to be any fake vehicle kibble on the robots. In Stinger's case, the front of the car seems to form part of the robot chest as it should. I don't have the figure myself, but that's the impression I have when I see pictures.

EDIT: I just watched a video of someone transforming SS Stinger. I'm not sure whether to retract the comment about the front of the car forming the chest. The front of the car does kind of form the chest (or torso at least), but not in the way I'd expect.

Last edited by FatalityPitt; 8th April 2018 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Additional comment.
Old 16th April 2018, 09:05 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Regarding Stinger and vehicle kibble, I did actually go back and look at scenes from AOE the other day. You can make out the Pagani supercar headlights on his shoulders, just about.