Thread: Orlando Universal Studio web store

Default Orlando Universal Studio web store

For those desperate for some of the Transformers Universal Studios exclusive toys or merchandise, it looks like the Orlando online store has added a number of exclusive toys that are new in the last year, or are older exclusives in new packaging, including Deluxe Evac, Deluxe grey TF4 Snarl, Deluxe Optimus, Deluxe Bumblebee, the Kreo 4-pack, and the very rare Cyber Battalion Starscream.... but be warned, they are expensive (the same as the prices inside the themeparks, which is about double US retail), and shipping isn't cheap either as it goes via Fedex.

I ordered a Starscream and Snarl, and with the toys being US$30 each and shipping being US$40, it means the two Deluxe toys cost me about AU$140.
    Yes, that's insane, but Starscream is a loose end that is hard to find, and Snarl is an exclusive that is also hard to find outside of Universal Studios (the cheapest between Ebay and Amazon was US$64.
    The point is, they ship outside of America, and it will probably cost 10% more in a couple weeks, or be blocked from shipping here if they don't charge GST.

Good to know...is that starscream an upscaled version of an earlier release?
    the colours on it look cool

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

BBTS had their snarl for 19.99 but its *still* on pre-order, would work out cheaper even after the gst (and no blocks) after july unless they hurry up and be even cheaper because they have more shipping options, just saying

Didn't realise Evac was still around.
    never have managed to get my hands on one.
    hmm... looks like with postage I'd be looking at $87.... guess I will keep waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post

The Cyber Series were all new moulds, but seem to share some similarities to the Authentics and upcoming Cyberverse, which all appear to be having a more unified look to certain classic Gen1 characters. (makes it easier to market them to retailers and the public, and use the same character artwork on each if necessary)

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    BBTS had their snarl for 19.99 but its *still* on pre-order, would work out cheaper even after the gst (and no blocks) after july unless they hurry up and be even cheaper because they have more shipping options, just saying

Yeah... after a while to tie up a loose end or two, it is just necessary to pay a little extra to get a one off toy.
    Not sure how BBTS got them to sell for $20, as they are supposed to be Universal Studios exclusives, and they sell their Deluxes for US$30 (both regular and store exclusives).
    Each toy ended up being about AU$60 shipped, and since the Starscream is about Voyager sized, it doesn't feel as bad paying a little above that price point here... and the rare limited edition Snarl would be about the same as a BotCon deluxe toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Didn't realise Evac was still around.
    never have managed to get my hands on one.
    hmm... looks like with postage I'd be looking at $87.... guess I will keep waiting.

The first run of Evac in the 2011 TF3 red packaging did sell out (they weren't available when I was at both US themeparks in 2013-2014), so these ones in the 2014 TF4 white packaging must be a second batch that they produced in the last year or two, as they weren't at the California themepark in 2016.

It is certainly not a cheap toy, as their price is always high at the themepark... and then you have to add postage... and our currently falling exchange rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post
    No Cyber Battalion is a new, low cost line, which is between deluxe and voyager in size. Starscream is a little bigger than the others. They were mainly Asian and South American releases. Starscream has since been remoulded into Jetfire. Both are cool fun toys
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Seeing this brought back fond memories. I actually went on the Transformers ride at Orlando when it had just opened. The store there was pretty cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The Cyber Series were all new moulds, but seem to share some similarities to the Authentics and upcoming Cyberverse, which all appear to be having a more unified look to certain classic Gen1 characters. (makes it easier to market them to retailers and the public, and use the same character artwork on each if necessary)
    Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    No Cyber Battalion is a new, low cost line, which is between deluxe and voyager in size. Starscream is a little bigger than the others. They were mainly Asian and South American releases. Starscream has since been remoulded into Jetfire. Both are cool fun toys
    Thanks

The box arrived today... which was four business days (it was ordered while it was still Friday in America, but shipped on their Monday). It left Universal by FedEx and arrived at my house by TNT, so the fast shipping time and use of express couriers is why shipping was so expensive... but they didn't have any other shipping options (at least when I was ordering these).

As actual feedback on the items themselves - the two toys were put in a box that was smaller than the backing card for Snarl, so the card back was curved to fit. Fortunately for me, this one isn't staying in packaging, but at these "collector" prices, you wouldn't be too happy about them doing that if you were going to keep them sealed as collectable souvenirs.