Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3141464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic book thread ON!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I'm not a DC buyer, but I read the books the library gets in. That said I've barely read anything New-52. So I can't comment. But someone else might?
    I dropped Bats/Soup after the first arc, arc 1 was great, massive drop off after though.

Recently read the 2nd and 3rd trades of Waid's Daredevil run. Quite a change from the Bendis/Brubaker stuff, but really quite good. I'm also making my way through a set of Justice League International trades (as it's a MTMTE influence I wanted to check it out). They are an interesting take on a superhero team book, but a bit dated.

I also took advantage of a recent sale to buy most of Superior Spider-Man and the first six of Superior Foes of Spider-Man, both books that I've enjoyed from previews/sample pages. Ive got them to read on an upcoming holiday.

However I'm going to be more cautious with impulse buys with the recent change to Comixology. First the prices went up (Apple adjusting all app stores purchases to current currency conversions) and now in-app (iTunes credit) purchases are gradually being removed.

I'll use the $5 voucher they sent me (be sure to check your email for one too) but it's a bit annoying to have to go to an online store when inapp purchases were so easy. And what do I do with my excess iTunes credit? Thanks Amazon.com...

Was thinking about picking up the Superior Spiderman series when it went on sale but still can't bring myself to read it after what they did to Peter. Will say no more in case of spoilers. Have heard good things about it though so maybe the next time it goes on sale...

Not a fan of what Comixology did to their app. iTunes cards though can still be used on the marvel, dc, dark horse or transformers app. These were developed by Comixology though (except dark horse) so hopefully they don't change as well as I'm still sitting on a few iTunes cards I got at the last 20% off sale...

What Comixology has done is a massive step backwards and i am not a fan of it at all, i guess i will be switching back to the Publisher apps but its been a big disapointment for me I can see Comixology not supporting the publisher apps for much longer.

i liked the ease of getting an itunes card and just browsing the app and picking something that looked interesting.. no credit card info no address just click buy.... alot of books i purchased where impulse buys, i wont want to do that through the website as it feels like a longer process and then you need to go back to the app and download it anyway.......

Superior SM was supprisingly a good read, back to Peter and Amazing SM now tho which is good too
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Talking

I just got a compendium of the reboot of the Power Girl comics. Not bad storylines, though after a while you get sick of the guys-hitting-on-her jokes. And her tearfully explaining to Superman the deeper reasoning behind the giant hole in her costume over her cleavage was just so tacked in. No Power Girl - it's not because you realised you are not Supermans real cousin and are leaving that spot blank as a sign that you have yet to fill the gap left in your life - it's because comic book nerds like to look at big boobs (though I did use that panel to try and jusitfy her dress sense to my wife - she didn't fall for it )

Also got the Deadpool Omnibus - 1160 pages contaning his first comics from when they started in 97 and then a bunch of later stuff. It's really nice to see that earlier stuff and see the development of the character but I gotta admit, I do miss the later stuff. Sure later on he takes on an almost Looney Tunes like demeanour but I kinda like that, and I miss the two voices in his head that he chats to that wern't there in the early stuff. I've still got a hell of a way to get through the 1160 pages though so they may still show up

I was having a discussion with a work colleague as to who the most powerful superhero is, regardless of universe. The discussion turned to Superman vs Thor, Hulk vs Superman, and at one point even Hulk vs Spiderman (!!!). So, lets hear some discussion, who is the most powerful superhero/villain in the comics universe. Take note, this does not include artifacts so Thanos and his Infinity Gauntlet cannot be counted, but Green Lantern and his ring can be (since it is his ring which makes him what he is), supreme beings like Galactus and the Celestials are not included, just your typical run-of-mill superhero/villain.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    I was having a discussion with a work colleague as to who the most powerful superhero is, regardless of universe. The discussion turned to Superman vs Thor, Hulk vs Superman, and at one point even Hulk vs Spiderman (!!!). So, lets hear some discussion, who is the most powerful superhero/villain in the comics universe. Take note, this does not include artifacts so Thanos and his Infinity Gauntlet cannot be counted, but Green Lantern and his ring can be (since it is his ring which makes him what he is), supreme beings like Galactus and the Celestials are not included, just your typical run-of-mill superhero/villain.

We did a most powerful superheroes/villians here mate : http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=18438

Not enough answers though!! I was hoping for some discussion as to why/how a particular hero/villain is so powerful in their opinion.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

I don't know DC. But Hulk seems to be the top or the line in Marvel. Basically unstoppable, unhurtable and limitlessly strong. Hulk Smash!

Golden Age Superman. Unstoppable.