Page 8 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131828 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Toy Rumours (must note a source)

Throwing crap against the wall and seeing what sticks.
    For every figure that was "sourced through a solid insider" there are just as many, if not more figures that weren't.
    Show me a silhouette in Dengeki Magazine & then we'll talk.

Can this topic get stickied so it is easy to find in the future?

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    same bs rumours that hoist trailbreaker and Jazz were supposed to be reliable rumours were in the end nothing.
    Hoist isn't a rumour, the designers have already confirmed he's in the works when they were interviewed about Sunstreaker.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Here's a question. Who would you rate as the most memorable Autobot cassette? I'd say Steeljaw but I doubt there would be a consensus on this.
    Ramhorn and rewind were the ones off the top of my head, and we can use the more obscure cassettes if we want to bulk out the numbers

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    I highly doubt that Twincast will have his own release number. Given that Soundblaster was MP-13B, it stands to reason that Twincast will have the same number as Blaster, but with a letter slapped on the end of it.
    As previously mentioned beast convoy and delta magnus are exceptions, there is no rhyme or rhythm with the numbers although we made some good ocd based guesses here

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    This. The TFW speculation thread is chock full of blind guesses and I don't think anyone has ever demonstrated anything remotely resembling a reliable, consistent source. So many figures have been revealed out of left field it really comes to random luck if anyone guessed correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    same bs rumours that hoist trailbreaker and Jazz were supposed to be reliable rumours were in the end nothing.
    Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Hoist isn't a rumour, the designers have already confirmed he's in the works when they were interviewed about Sunstreaker.
    Last I read they had interest in mp combiners (specifically bruticus) and dinobots, though now with dinobot coming out I believe the translator made an error

But time shall tell, gotta partner up everybody, if its not mold reuse its just having kens for their barbies

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    As previously mentioned beast convoy and delta magnus are exceptions, there is no rhyme or rhythm with the numbers although we made some good ocd based guesses here
    I think the most accurate/likely reason thought up was if the figure was getting a general release, it would get its own number, but if it was a limited or exclusive release, it would get a letter add-on.

Having a quick look at the list of releases, that holds true for all releases I think, with the possible exceptions of MP-13B, MP-21G and MP-12G. Every other one was either limited in number or sold exclusively through specific vendor(s) or region(s).

I'm not counting the two "+" versions either
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

I seem to remember Shogo Hasui saying that he had done designs for the Season One and maybe Two characters long ago. It looks like Hironori Kobayashi has been reworking them more recently though.

Maybe there will be a new reveal around Wonderfest in 6 weeks. Or in a magazine just before...
    Which brings us to where we are today...

bowspearer Guest

Spot on
    More like dead wrong where MP Hoist and Trailbreaker are concerned.

Last I read they had interest in mp combiners (specifically bruticus) and dinobots, though now with dinobot coming out I believe the translator made an error
    You must have missed this interview with the design team for MP Sunstreaker.

It clearly states (bolding for emphasis):

Beast Wars & G1 are being released alternately since both parties are in different purchasing demographics seperated by age and so on. The release pattern has been thanks to you. We have managed to capture the age that was playing at the time of the show being broadcast and would like to keep the fever of waiting away by releasing more Beast Wars.
    I want to distinguish between the 4x4 designs of Hoist and Trailbreaker in the meantime for the G1 fans, which will be troublesome.
    I think Megatron and now Sunstreaker really suprised the fans & designers even!
    I hope that Hoist can be realised with a few of these suprises. Alot of the masterpiece cars have come together.
    We arranged the successive Masterpieces side by side the other day at a festival and they were very popular.
    In short, Hoist and Trailbreaker aren't rumours; Hoist and Trailbreaker are clearly in production - even if it's just currently at the design stage.

FatalityPitt Guest

Possibility of Beast Wars being a sub-line within the Power of the Primes line.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...subline/38754/

Also, the Optimus Primal and BW Megatron will apparently be retools of PotP Voyager Apeface and Snapdragon respectively. Makes me excited for the possibility of a full-bodied Apeface!

Email from EB this morning shows that movie masterpiece bumblebee is going to be a Zing exclusive and is costing $148. Prime helmet down to $99 btw

Any word on release for MPM Bee?
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.