Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121727 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE/WWF/TNA/Wrestling discussion thread - (may contain spoilers!!!)

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Damn, I can't wait til Monday. Mania is the only PPV I get every year & after finding out what happened on today's Raw, it's gotten me psyched for a big one. How about we have some predictions about

A/ What the results will probably be? &

B/ What the results should be?

Here's the card so far:
    Triple Threat for WWE Belt - Orton v HHH v Cena
    World Heavyweight Belt - Edge v Taker
    Big Show v Mayweather
    Flair v Michaels
    MITB - Nitro v Punk v Carlito v Shelton v Kennedy v MVP v Jericho

Fillers
    Batista v Umaga
    24 Man Battle Royal
    Finlay v Bradshaw
    Woman's match

Okay,
    We all know Cena, Taker & Mayweather will win. Not sure about Flair v Michaels & MITB (Jeff Hardy was a given before he got done).

But what if Kennedy won the MITB & cashed it in immediately after Cena won the 3-way, Kennedy takes the WWE Title & the place goes wild!

I reckon the best way to do Flair v Michaels would be to have Flair win & at the next PPV, Flair beats Kennedy for the WWE Title. Ric then retires on his own accord, having reached the pinnacle & going out on top. That would be sweet.

I know Cena will win even though I hope Triple H does.

I think HBK will retire Flair. They will have a brutal match and nearly kill each other (The WWE is only big enough for one leathery old man!) Then have a teary hug and send off for Flair.

Taker will win. So will Mayweather.

No one really tickles my fancy for the MITB match. I'd be guessing it's a heel that wins since Taker and Cena will be champions at the end of the night. Probably Kennedy.

The others well... aside from the Battle Royal (always love them) nothing really excites me.

It seems like every time they have a non-rassler in a Mania match, that non-rassler has to win - you know, like a feel good moment.

But wouldn't heaps of people be totally stoked if Big Show smacked Mayweather around the ring & put him in his place? The fans would eat that up.

Did you hear about how Jeff Hardy's house burned down with his dog not being able to make it out alive? As a way of picking up Jeff's spirits, there's word floating around that he might be a suprise entrant in the MITB. Talk about throwing that 60 day suspension out the window.

Oh, & the Hornswoggle storyline is supposedly over. Good riddance!

Santino Marella stealing The King's subway on RAW was a crack up that dude is pure comedy gold

my Mania predictions:
    Cena (BOOOO)
    Taker by DQ (DOUBLE BOOO)
    Michaels to retire Flair
    Floyd 'The Microphone Train Wreck' Mayweather over Big Show
    Kennedy or CM Punk wins MITB (Benjamin steals show as usual)
    Finlay over JBL
    Batista over Umaga (BOOOO AGAIN)
    Kane to the win battle royal then wins ECW Title from chavo
    Bunny Mania (who gives a rats ass hopefully Snoop will be entertaining cuz the match is gonna blow)
    Last edited by Rampage; 21st March 2008 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwarp View Post
    It's still 2 weeks away isn't it????
    I guess it is

I guess Mania takes place at either the end of March or the beginning of April.

Oh, & I read in the Sydney Daily Telegraph Business Section today that Vince opened up their Asia-Pacific Office here in Sydney. Page 26 has a half page on it with a pic of Dave Batista slamming Umaga and I tried looking for the same story on the Tele's website (as a link) but there was nothing there.

Mania is March 30th. Week from today. BRING IT ON!!!

My Mania predictions:
    Cena but HHH PLEASE WIN THIS!!!
    Taker, surely they wont ruin his 16-0 streak for Edge
    Michaels to retire Flair
    MM over Show via some sorta bull crap
    Kennedy for MITB I hope!
    Finlay over JBL
    Batista over Umaga (They always make smackdown 'seem' like the best brand
    who knows for battle royale
    Maria will win bunny bull crap but should go to jillian cause she has bigger boobies...lol

I'm going to go out on a limb and say HHH to win the title, otherwise Orton will keep it. I don't believe they'll put it back on Cena. I'm sure they haven't forgotten the hatred HHH generated when he wouldn't drop the title for so long, by the time Cena was injured he was generating the same amount of hatred.

Undertaker and Edge is a tough call. While everyone respects Taker's record, with Edge being so hot right now and definitely on his way to becoming a Hall of Famer himself I wouldn't be surprised to see Edge get the victory. However I still lean towards Undertaker winning and getting the title run he was set for before his last injury.

Michaels -vs- Flair seems a bit too predictable. With Flair being inducted into the HOF the night before all things point to him retiring at WM, that's why I would actually back Flair winning. I do like Pulse's idea of Flair winning then going on to capture the title. It'd be fitting ... but this is Vince's WWE.

Mayweather and Big Show is another predictable one. Sure, the $20 million paycheck may be part of the story line, but there's no way he would have signed for WM without guaranteeing he wins. Shame though, considering how they're building Big Show up at the moment.

Money in the Bank ... do we really care who wins? It'll be the match of the night. I expect Matt Hardy may step in to take Jeff's place.

All the rest I have little interest in. The battle royal sounds good, but it's going to have Big Daddy V and I simply cannot watch him, same with Batista, Umaga and JBL. They've becoming very boring to watch.

As for the Playboy Bunny match, normally you'd roll your eyes and use this match as a chance to grab a drink or nibblies. BUT ... Maria has actually come a long way since she started so it may actually be a match worth watching. At the end of the match though it'll be the eye candy of the moment (Maria), which is pretty much how the WWE books their Divas.

You want good women's matches? Watch TNA.

Now all I got to do is some how work out how to get an hour after next Monday afternoon so I can catch the replay ....

Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    Money in the Bank ... do we really care who wins? It'll be the match of the night. I expect Matt Hardy may step in to take Jeff's place.
    Now that would actually work. There are currently 7 guys scheduled for it so Matt Hardy would make 8.

Matt Hardy wins it, has a 1 & a half month feud with MVP, Jeff returns & wins the MITB briefcase from Matt. It would brother v brother. But then again both Hardys' are in the doghouse so... yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    I do like Pulse's idea of Flair winning then going on to capture the title. It'd be fitting ... but this is Vince's WWE.
    I honestly hope that Kennedy wins MITB & takes Cena's title from him immediately after the Triple Threat. http://www.wwe.com/content/media/vid...one=raw_videos Flair should also win & takes on Kennedy for the belt at the next PPV. Flair should win the title & immediately retire - going out on top.

I reckon we would do a helluva lot better job of booking feuds/storylines than the cronies Vince has writing them at the moment.
    Last edited by Pulse; 25th March 2008 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post

I reckon we would do a helluva lot better job of booking feuds/storylines than the cronies Vince has writing them at the moment.
    Triple H is one of the bookers and I think it's good on him that he makes himself lose. Not like when Kevin Sullivan became a booker at WCW and all of a sudden he was indestructable.