Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: TFs Q/C problems archive (already damaged in the packaging)

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Well, just keep "Jarod" as a special piece then, an example if you may to smash into the faces of anyone who may say to you... that "Hasbro has a strict quality control yadayada" .... then you can shove him in their throats while saying "there, see that feel that choke on that, then tell me of that so called strict QC BS!! You may choose to do it literally or passively
    I can think of one particular candidate that needs that...

Hey guys. I finally picked up my Jetfire that I had put on layby during the Target Toy Sale.

Unfortunately the instructions indicate that there's a little tab in the panel that becomes the combined modes big gun, which mine does not seem to have. I was wondering if this was the same for others.

I can't really return it, as no one has Jetfire anymore, but I have managed to wedge the gun around the axe so that it remains stable and effective as a canon. But I was hoping to see if my case was an isolated incident or a running change that didn't make it into the instructions.

I bought this G1 MOSC Dead End from a shop here in Adelaide

Main reason i bought it is because it is on a seald card but its missing its front wheel

Thought it would be rare so bought it
    But its proof that there have been Q/C problems since the 80s early 90s
    (sorry for the crappy pics took them ages ago with crap camera)

That reminds me of a G2 Breakdown toy I saw on ebay for ages about 2 years ago - it had a wheel missing as well, but was still sealed on it's card. The unfortunate thing was that it was a BotCon toy (less than 300 of them ever made), so it wasn't like it was a common toy in stores to swap it over for a replacement.

I thought this thread might be a good place to ask about a possible Q/C issue.

In any case, I am looking to get a Henkei Prowl. Could any owners of this figure help give me a consensus as to whether the Henkei actually avoids the bad door paint issue or if it still occours to some small degree?

Posted by Doubledealer in the First Sightings thread:

Hasbro quality control (or lack thereof) on their packaging

(Sorry to steal your thunder DD, but I thought it's kinda funny and should be posted here)

lol reminds me of fab jolt glued back onto a deluxe card i saw

after looking at my thrust i see that one dcon symbol has darker lines then the other so one looks thick and the other thin i looked so carefully before buying it too!!

One shouldn't have to inspect the toy from head to bottom in the packaging before buying. The fact that we have all started doing that everytime we are about to buy something really points out that there is something really wrong there.

Well whilst I am reading this, I feel I should post something about a figure I bought recentley.

When I was having trouble finding a Skidz figure (now there is an abundance of the f***er everywhere) I bought the first one I saw. I even looked to see if he had the gold tooth and that, looked at the figure all over and thought that it was all good. Lo and behold when I get it home and before we even open him up, I notice a big long what appears to be a knife slash in the top of the roof. In the light of the store I didnt see it and only when I had it in natural light could see it, and it is damn obvious. Been half tempted to buy him again to have one that isn't damaged. And as you said Kup, we shouldn't have to check the figures top to bottom to get the one that is the least damaged/badly made.

Even goes for the ones with the wrong figure in the wrong packets, but at least the toy is fine (besides people buy them coz they are rare )
    My folks have a bunch of Star Trek TNG where it was the wrong packet for the figure in it, they are worth money, but still it shouldn't happen.