Thread: Custom RID Grimlock

Default Custom RID Grimlock

Hi all just thought I would share with you my first attempt at a custom redeco.

G1 Colours Grimlock RID Legion Class.

Link

Great effort for a first custom - surely looks exceedingly better than my first efforts.

More pics to share? And details - what paints did you use? Any future customs planned?

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Thanks for the compliment. Was fun to do one, I'd been wanting to try my hand at it for a while.

I used Tamiya Acrylic paints I used to use for the car models I'd paint. Started with a black base coat to cover all the green and then just another coat over the top of the relevant colours and then touched it up where necessary.

I tried to make it as close to the g1 figure i could with my limited skill so pretty happy with the way he turned out. As a display piece in my collection of legends/legion bots he looks great.

My next/current attempt is to use the same mold and do a version of the g1 Trypticon toy.

Trypticon Progress

Pretty good for first custom.
    Black is an excellent undercoat for metallics.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Thanks.

Yeah, i found the gold really popped more than i expected. the red too actually.

Big improvement there. He looks far less comical now (a green dinosaur?!?) and I like the gold on his chest. All he needs is a flame red sword and he's geewun
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

yeah he does need a sword for sure. until i find a suitable one (or make one) i've given him the sword type weapon that Legion Prime Ratchet comes with which you can see in the link.

Legion Prime Ratchet