Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Battlemaster game a hint at a new series?

Default Transformers Battlemaster game a hint at a new series?

I saw this over at TFW, there is a Transformers "Battlemaster" game on Amazon (not yet released), that is a similar concept to "Rock em sock em robots" (an iconic game in America).

The interesting thing about this game is that it features an Optimus and Megatron in new forms... and since this game is from Hasbro (not a product from a license-holder), it makes you wonder if this is a hint at the next new non-movie series for Transformers.
    At least I hope it is, or else it is a disappointing, and random effort by Hasbro.

Optimus is recognisable, as the character seems to require its iconic look to it's toys in recent years... but Megatron is something new, almost looking like a purple Bulkhead.

No release date or pricing yet.

Check out Optimus Prime's eyebrows!

Megatron looks to be in his "Stealth Bomber" colours of Black, Purple, White & Yellow.

This is the second "rock'em sock 'em robot" style toy I've seen transformers do, sadly the original G1 based chupa chups versions are superior, except for the fact that the rubber used to make them detoriated very quickly.

If this is the design aesthetic of the new series then there can be no more complaints about the Animated style! They look terrible.

Here's hoping that this is a standalone product not related to any media like the Botshots...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Probably coincidentally, his head looks like Mega Beast Machines Megatron.

The Chupa Chups ones were cool, Trunks - there was also Battlin' Robots from the eighties.

OP reminds me of Papa Smurf

What part of Hasbro OKed this crap? I don't think it was the Transformers team.

It's .... not for everyone is all I can say. Definitely not for me. Hopefully not a hint of what the next series will be. If it's gonna be a rock em sock em type of gimmick for the toons erm, that'll be .... meh.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    It's .... not for everyone is all I can say. Definitely not for me. Hopefully not a hint of what the next series will be. If it's gonna be a rock em sock em type of gimmick for the toons erm, that'll be .... meh.
    Agree 100%. I'd love to be positive about this but what possible natural selection path has Optimus with eyebrows?

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Don't worry, it is just a gimmick for this bit of merchandise. It shouldn't relate to the series (toys or cartoon) itself.

Four more have shown up as add-on pairs to the main game, and again, there are some really weird forms here.

Starscream - red
    Prowl - orange
    Barricade - white & black (so is likely to be a police car again)
    Bumblebee - in a traditional yellow