Thread: Rescue Bots electronic Optimus Primal toy

Default Rescue Bots electronic Optimus Primal toy

Via TFW2005 comes a blog posting of several Hasbro products for this year in the UK. (which means, dates for the US and here could be very different)

One of the items was a feature paragraph on a new Rescue Bots toy, a Dinosaur Optimus Primal with electronics.

Optimus Primal: Ages 3-7, Available Autumn 2014
    Introducing Optimus Prime as you have never seen him before! This large-scale Optimus Primal figure converts from robot to T-Rex! The Optimus Primal figure comes to life with lights and over 20 sounds and phrases and offers distinct play with 2 modes- Bot and Dino. Easily convert from robot to T-Rex with a simple twist, but Optimus Primal has one touch conversion from Dino to Bot mode. Other features include real Dino chomping action, a rescue platform in Dino mode that works with the 2 inch figure world and a working rescue drill.
    A small photo of the robot mode is at the link above, but BE WARNED - there are movie spoilers, so just scroll through the images and don't read anything.
    (or look at the top of the TFW posting, but don't scroll down, as the movie spoilers are there too)

I hope that t Rex head extends, otherwise Primal has tiny vestigial t rex arms for an arm!

Sooooo, even at Hasbro they don't understand that Optimus Prime and Optimus Primal aren't the same character

Cool looking little toy though

Edit: Oh and down the bottom of the blog… Angry Birds Transformers?

*Facepalm*
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Aligned continuity spoilers ahead.

I hope Optimus Primal turns out in the fiction to be a reincarnation of Optimus Prime's spark in a new body and not just normal Optimus with a new alt mode. Might hint at the new Aligned cartoon being Beast Era influenced.

I love how he can rescue people with his spinning drill arm or t-rex jaws.. "No thanks, I think i'll wait for Edward Scissorhands to pull me out of the rubble."
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose