Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ToysRUs 20% off selected Transformers 18th Mar - 7th Apr

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Have you considered that TRU onlline will end up with a whole heap of Armada Megatrons, which they won't be able to move unless they have a clearance sale. The anecdotal evidence thus far show the G1 Megatron is outselling the Armada Megatron at a much greater quantity.
    The problem is their online store won't let you choose particular characters on a lot of their products. Other examples are things like the TMNT lines, the 30th Anniv. mini figures, AOE flipchangers, etc.

In this day and age, it's unacceptable for an online store to not allow the customer to chose which item they want to buy. For example, if I ordered 4 of the TMNT figs, what's stopping them from sending me 2 or more of the same character?

Its a very poor effort on TRU's part in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    I might have a bit of a bee in my bonnet about this, but I don't see why they need to "work their way up to it". It's a simple matter of actually giving a crap about their online sales and customers' needs, rather than having a bad attitude of "why bother, it's only toys". It's incredible that a toy shop, of all things, adopts the approach that it does to online orders, and terribly bad business practice.
    I was referring to the whole process, not the website. At this early stage they have probably set up a small warehouse with a couple staff who are still getting used to the different toys. The website can handle it but the warehouse may not at this stage... and as noted already, the "online" warehouse might not have the ability to offload the unwanted toys of a master carton without a discount that loses them money.

it likely also relates directly to a size class for a particular line all having the same barcode. without different barcodes on different characters it would be very hard for anyone to control/manage
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Legends, Deluxes, Voyagers and Leaders have been on sale for ages, and the sale ends before I can get anything

But a new sale is dawning apparently. YAY

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    Legends, Deluxes, Voyagers and Leaders have been on sale for ages, and the sale ends before I can get anything

But a new sale is dawning apparently. YAY
    Target have their sale for another two days. Get on it.

Except for G1 Megs, he's pretty much non-existent at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    Target have their sale for another two days. Get on it.

Except for G1 Megs, he's pretty much non-existent at this stage.
    Last time I went to Target, it only had 1 Step Changers () and Leader Class Silver Knight OP. And Kreo. Have they got the CW stuff yet? Cause that might make it another worthy trip.

is your target a target country, or a full size target? My local target here in Sydney has a separate end full of combiner wars stuff, well, it was.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    Last time I went to Target, it only had 1 Step Changers () and Leader Class Silver Knight OP. And Kreo. Have they got the CW stuff yet? Cause that might make it another worthy trip.
    Check what UltraMarginal said. My Target is located in a Westfield shoppingtown so when I checked, it was well stocked on all the Wave 1 Combiner War stuff. You may need to make the drive to other Targets in your area.

very nice will have to pick up some generations during the sale

I have a target country, but when looking for Transformers I drive up to Canberra and scout out different shops. The Target I last went to was either at Civic or Belconnen (can't remember ) and got the following result.