View Poll Results: Combiner Wars Shockwave - worth getting?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Shockwave Bruticus can hold? Hells yeah!

14 87.50%
  • Only if cheap

0 0%
  • Only if...

1 6.25%
  • Na

1 6.25%
  • This is a shocker of a Shockwave

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - CW Shockwave

Default Toy Review - CW Shockwave

SHOCKWAVE
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Combiner Wars
    Size/class - Legends
    New/remould/redeco – New
    Wave – Wave 5
    Released here - not yet
    Approximate Retail Price - $18
    Approximate Size – 8cm
    Allegiance – Decepticon (and Combaticon sorta)
    Alt-mode – Flying Gun
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Plugs into Onslaught and can be used by Bruticus
    Main Colours – Purple, Grey
    Main Accessories – n/a

Robot Mode

The ends of the arms look a little funny but overall a pretty good reperesentation of Shockwave. The colour scheme doesn’t quite mesh for me, with the neon pink spreading from the blaster to other parts of him and the grey a bit lighter than usual. But the one-handed, one-eyed, pointy-eared Shockers we know and fear is very recognizable.

Flying Gun

Very similar in appearance in some ways to his FOC counterpart, however he has a trigger you can flip down to change him from a flying gigantic purple space gun into a regular gigantic purple space gun. Can plug into Onslaught or be used by Bruticus.

Transformation
    Pretty straight forward

Overall
    I’m kinda torn. On the one hand it’s very cool Bruticus can use Shockwave as a gun like in the old G1 S2 Episode. On the other hand from the packaging they’ve made it seem he is a part of the Combaticons and it just doesn’t gel that he would be half the size of Swindle. It was easier to rationalize Powerglide as an Aerielbot than Shockers as a Combaticon. But overall a good figure if you collect Shockwaves or you want some extra firepower for your CW Bruticus

I know what you mean about him not being part of the Combaticons. I'll be getting him but I'll use Viper for the gun instead of him. Still a very cool representation of him. Nice work Trev!
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

So just got onslaught.... In bigbot mode, does shockwave hold tight in the back? Or is he floppy as all hell?

Had a play with one the other day. It's a neat little toy. If I didn't have the MP on pre-order, I would bite.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Took forever to get one of these bad boys. Gotta say I love it, both modes are great although it just has those slight few problems that make it from being one of the best of its size class. For example had to shave a little bit of the plastic to get the double jointed elbows. Also if the guns sight could be lowered for his his aircraft mode that would have been good as well. Not to mention that even if the square part of the gun handle is removed the peg is not the standard 5mm size, I am considering if its still worth modding and thickening the handle for others to hold it, im just worried if that removing the square piece will weaken it.

This is actually the first and only Shockwave I've ever had. I like the little guy just got UW Bruticus so he is joining Viper for dual wield gunslinger action

I don't normally pay the price or buy toys in this scale, but totally happy with shockwave.
    He sat next to my quakeblast for a while, then alternates bruticus hand/back and is a really cool edition to the cw range imo.
    Worth the stupid price. I think all these scale toys should be a good $5 cheaper, although shockwave is better build quality imo than the other minions in the cw range.
    He's nice as a gun for bruticus or just as a cool not by himself.
    Even in this scale he would ruin your day and conquer the galaxy.
    Is there is plural for Bruticus? "Brutici" perhaps.
    I have two sets of the CW version, (only one shockwave, but I would like a second, he looks cool pegged onto Swindle) and 3-Bot-Combo's I quite like...

I quite like Shockwave as a sort of death laser above bruticuses head...

Look out for things that Crumble, cos here come Rumb...... Swindle?

Managed to get Swindle to actually hold Shockwave which was cool.
    Plus an even bigger purple cannon on his back
    3 chain guns on his shoulder. Gotta love all those pegs!
    Last edited by Batfan007; 28th July 2016 at 12:28 AM.

haha that's outrageous

Default Shockwave and Cancer

Wow, over a month since the last post!

Just got my Japanese Legends Shockwave with Cancer, not too sure how worth it it is to make a new thread, but here we go.

I like this guy. I MUCH prefer TT's colouring over HB's and the toy is impressively articulated with good balance and sculpting.

Cancer is bloody wonderful. Out of all the HMs I have picked up from TR/Legends, so far Cancer is my all out favourite. Sculting is wonderful and the extra pain on the sides of his helmet for head mode just manage to make a huge amount of difference! The Japanese instructions neglect any connection to the combaticons and even manage to leave out the laser gun aspect of old Shicky too, pegging him purely as a spaceship.

the "Transformation" schematic to mount Cancer on him is ridiculously simple (unfold the arms) but it manages to work. Just. I find there is a lot to like.

more piccies on my blog, as well as expanded thoughts, but here's a couple of shots to tide you over

Quote Originally Posted by Batfan007 View Post
    Is there is plural for Bruticus? "Brutici" perhaps.
    Bruticus is a fictitious word so there's no hard and fast rule for its pluralisation. It does use the Latin "-ticus" ending which, as you've correctly surmised, is pluralised as "-tici." Discussion continued here.