27 87.10%
  • Only if...

2 6.45%
  • Not worth it

0 0%
  • Not even interested

2 6.45%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - JP MP-28 Masterpiece Hot Rodimus (Hot Rod)

I'm picturing Daniel trying to give Hot Rod a piggyback ride. What are you blokes thinking of?

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    I'm picturing Daniel trying to give Hot Rod a piggyback ride. What are you blokes thinking of?
    Which would completely crush him. Punctuation saves lives.

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxY_5_Xcl_k

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    A lot more gentle than what happened in Machine Men:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7hbLZFQ6nk

Looks nice enough, although like Gok, I'm perfectly happy with my MP9 and don't have a 'need' to get MP28.

For those who have him: what's his balance like? I've only seen two video reviews, and he looks awfully top-heavy, with the hollow lower legs. That said, he does have large heels, which look like they make him very stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    For those who have him: what's his balance like? I've only seen two video reviews, and he looks awfully top-heavy, with the hollow lower legs. That said, he does have large heels, which look like they make him very stable.
    He is very stable. But yes, most of his alt mode mass is in his upper body. I forgot to mention in the review though that I do wish his hips and/or knees are ratcheted to make him more robust in the long run.

It's funny how Tracks has ratchets all over him where it's not really necessary. Odd design choices.

I've read a few issues with the chrome wearing off easily. People in the U.S. seem to be using Pledge Future floor polish to keep the chrome wear to a minimum. In the absence of that product here, I'm probably going to give clear nail polish a try.

Just got mine thanks to HLJ shipping it really late... I'm having trouble getting the backpack to peg in. The tab on the back of Hot Rod's orange collar is just a little to low to go into the slot on the roof of the car. Any ideas?

EDIT: Never mind, just figured out. The rocket boosters from car mode were in the way of the backpack and I had to flip them. I really like him aside from the collar hitting the ground in car mode. Might be my favourite MP car.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I think it is good, but not excellent, as it wasn't as spectacular as characters getting their first Masterpiece toy. Better than the MP-9 Rodimus, but that wasn't hard to do, as this one doesn't have to include a trailer, and is not as big.

The wheels are a bit too small though, or not low enough, as it didn't give clearance on a flat surface when I got it out of the box. (could just be mine though)

It's still "Masterpiece" quality and engineering compared to the retail toys, but then the higher pricing should expect no less.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    I've read a few issues with the chrome wearing off easily. People in the U.S. seem to be using Pledge Future floor polish to keep the chrome wear to a minimum. In the absence of that product here, I'm probably going to give clear nail polish a try.
    I've not had any issue with the chrome wearing off but I've not been putting him through any heavy use. But if you want the equivalent of Future here, its Pledge Floor Care Multi Surface Floor Finish. It's predecessor (Pledge One-Go, which I still have a bottle of and use as a gloss coat/sealer) was commonly available at supermarkets. I imagine this stuff is too.