View Poll Results: Crazybolt with Hammer - worth getting?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • A dragster lizard that spits up Mini-Cons? Hells yeah!

1 20.00%
  • Only if cheap

1 20.00%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

3 60.00%
  • You'd be CRAZY if you didn't take a HAMMER to this toy then BOLT!

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - RID Crazybolt with Hammer

Default Toy Review - RID Crazybolt with Hammer

CRAZYBOLT with HAMMER
    Series – Robots In Disguise (15)
    Sub-line – N/A
    Size/class – Deployers (Crazybolt), Mini-Con (Hammer)
    New/remould/redeco – New
    Wave – Wave 3, 2016
    Released here - Yes
    Approximate Retail Price - $28
    Approximate Size – 16cm
    Allegiance – Decepticon
    Alt-mode – Cybertronian Dragster (Crazybolt), Cyclone Sphere (Hammer)
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Crazybolt can fire Hammer in both modes
    Main Colours – Blue, White, Red
    Main Accessories – Mini-Con armor

Vehicle Mode
    Looks like a pretty cool, stylized Cybertronian Dragster, would not have been out of place from the Speed Planet line of toys in the Cybertron series. Very nicely proportioned and the touches of dull-orange help to add contrast to the light blue and white colouring overall, especially on the dual-triple flame exhausts that cleverly come from the lizard modes toes.. The Mini-Con launcher is set at the back of the car, which while not as aggressive looking as say the placement on Overload, makes sense if it’s a dragster character who is always going to be racing ahead of whoever he is battling.

Robot Mode
    Some sort of weird stylized chamehleon lizard thing. Looks a bit of a hodgepog with bits of the alt-mode going every which way. When not sporting a Cyclone-Sphere Mini-Con the jaw comes up, leaving the launcher hanging below awkwardly. When having a Mini-Con in place the jaw extends down much like a snake eating an egg so it looks like he is coughing up a Cyclone Sphere to spit at someone which is kinda cool.

Transformation
    Pretty easy, though can be a little tricky to get all the tabs to slot in place when turning him into a dragster.

Hammer
    You can buy Hammer separately as a stand-alone Mini-Con so I suppose this will save you the trouble if you are a completionist. Meant to be a dragon but looks like a prehistoric chicken to me. Odd that they gave Crazybolt a completely different Mini-Con partner in the cartoon.

Overall
    Look, none of these Deployers are great, but then few toys from the RID(15) line are. Worth getting though if you want to flesh out your Decepticon army from the current cartoon/toyline series.
    Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 27th June 2016 at 05:55 AM.

What a steaming pile of faecal excrement! This toy is good for a Deployer, but that's a pretty low standard. The car mode looks okay until you get to the rear and discover that it's got a ball hanging out the back and literally defecates it in order to fire. This toy really should have been called "Scattorshot," because it would actually live up to that name! The Mini-Con feels more like a Bakugan than a Transformer. And Bakugan (爆丸) means "exploding balls" in Japanese. That's right... Crazybolt poops exploding balls from his rear. And it gets even better in robot mode where he regurgitates the exploding balls. Spewin'.

The transformation is actually impressively complex yet reasonably intuitive for a Deployer, and the way that the front fender section transforms into the tail is a neat touch. The way that some of the claws resemble muffler pipes in the vehicle mode (if you squint) is kinda neat. But none of this remotely justifies its ridiculously overpriced $29 price point. Also the launching gimmick on mine doesn't work properly (I have to "manually" launch it).

Overall: I can see that the designers have made a reasonable effort in trying to produce a decent toy given that it's based on a weird cartoon design and furthermore being constrained by the whole Deployer gimmick, but unfortunately the end result is just utter rubbish. Thanks to a gift voucher I only paid $5 for this toy and I still feel ripped off. This is the kind of toy you'd give to a child as a punishment for getting a bad school report. Avoid.

LOL! Gold review, prehistoric chickens rock!

It's a damn sight better than the Drift deployer. Not only does the vehicle mode look better but the alt. mode has way more articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    It's a damn sight better than the Drift deployer.
    That's like saying that Age of Extinction is a damn sight better than Revenge of the Fallen. It may be true, but it's still utter rubbish.

I can understand why you look down on the RID 2015 toy line. This series is the poor man's version of Animated and I wouldn't be surprised if the same can be said for the TV series.