View Poll Results: Will you get a UW Bruticus?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 60.00%
  • Only if the price is right

3 15.00%
  • No

3 15.00%
  • Not interested in the slightest

2 10.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review UW Bruticus & Combaticons

Anyone else have the heads of Blastoff and Vortex pop off all too easily?

Lovely looking combined mode, but Takara's QC is terrible! Okay, not as horrid as paint chipping on Ratchet, but it's enough to make the set less fun...

What happened Takara? You used to be cool!

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    Anyone else have the heads of Blastoff and Vortex pop off all too easily?
    Definitely Vortex, but Blastoff's head for me is pretty well stuck on.

My next review will be Brawl. Of the Combaticons, I was looking forward to him the most. It's kind of hard to mess up a Tank Transformer.

But they managed to not give him a swiveling turret, why? It makes no sense. Aside from that though he's a pretty cool little toy. Nicely moulded with lots of tanky details and I just ADORE the anti-aircraft handfoot gun mounting on the back. This is the way I wanted the Stunticons to have had their guns mounted on the rear.

Robot mode is lovely too, aside from the shoulder clearance and small forearms issue, as his feet and legs are just deeeeeeeelightful. Oh and his waist. What. The. Hell?
    Weird and wonky.

Obligatory link to my video review

I must have been lucky with my CW Onslaught, Hot Spot and Pyra Magna as the knees on UW Onslaught are terrible.

Blast Off looks great, but his head pops off easy and his legs don't tab in nearly enough in arm mode.

Also, Brawl is floppy, unlike my CW version.

Any chance of me selling that one and just having UW as a replacement has been dashed. Totally disappointed!
    WANTS
    G1 Vortex w/ weapons
    Beast Wars Basic Rattrap head and gun

May have jumped the gun with Onslaught's knees, well, in robot mode. His right leg doesn't want to stay locked in for combined mode. I've tried tightening the screw but that doesn't seem to help.
    Last edited by davieanix; 25th July 2016 at 10:05 PM.
    WANTS
    G1 Vortex w/ weapons
    Beast Wars Basic Rattrap head and gun

Megatran Guest

I hear what you're saying but I'm still unsure where those 3rd-party Bruticus add-on kits go on the combined mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    I hear what you're saying but I'm still unsure where those 3rd-party Bruticus add-on kits go on the combined mode.
    Entirely new type of weapon system???
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Definitely Vortex, but Blastoff's head for me is pretty well stuck on.
    My Blastoff was initially good, but after using the combiner peg, the plate that his head is attached to came off -- I think it's got something to do with the combiner peg not sitting flush...

Quote Originally Posted by davieanix View Post
    Also, Brawl is floppy, unlike my CW version.
    Yeah, my Brawl is a complete floppy mess as well! Terrible design and execution!

I was blown out of the water by Grand Galvatron, but Bruticus has had all the fun sucked out by all these niggling QC issues.

Hopefully they get Computron done right!

just combined them. as well as not being able to figure out the knees on hot spot and now onslaught, when you fold the arms over for bruticus mode neither of them tab in or stay tabbed properly and one is missing the little peg that helps secure it too. my brawl is fairly floppy and difficult to get tabbed in when going back into tank/foot mode after transforming him to robot.

i don't know if i'm just not connecting everything right for the torso legs/robot knees for hot spot and onslaught or if they are just not that great to begin with.

since I have seen them still about I am actually tempted to try getting a hasbro CW onslaught and brawl and see if they are any better...

ok this helped me out a lot with getting the legs right for onslaught's robot mode:
    https://imgur.com/a/JRxrN

i think i am doing the combined mode properly, it's just that the way the upper leg closes over that tab on the thigh is just not a very strong or secure connection.

My Japanese Combaticons arrived last week, and after a few nights of transforming them into their different modes, some comparison photos with the Hasbro version and the original Gen1 toys (I really need to get a replacement Vortex and Blastoff).