Thread: Sxs Ao3 Generations Blitzwing Upgrade

Default Sxs Ao3 Generations Blitzwing Upgrade

Purchased this from RK as i love the new Blitzwing figure that was released but the few engineering problems that came with this toy were annoying. So after seeing this upgrade kit from a 3rd party i decided that it might be a good investment for this toy. So it arrived today as posted in the thread and i am quite pleased with the outcome of this product.
    First thing to be attached to my figure was the shoulder attachments, there are no real instructions with the packaging, but there is a diagram on the rear of it to show you how to get it on. This is helpful as they are a little fiddly to get on but in all the process is fairly simple. It really helps the figure with the arm articulation for the figure by allowing the clip to actually seat into the pin, that was the main frustration i had with the figure. After installing the upgrade you can rotate the arms without having the whole shoulder come apart. The only thing i have found with some 3rd party upgrades is that the color matching is close but noticeably just not quite right, but for this figure i'm not to fussed. As seen bellow.

Next was the head, it is a simple fix as the original head is only on a simple swivel pin and can be removed easily. the upgrade head is a little smaller is proportion but for transformation is a lot better than the original even though it only has the one face instead of 3. The main thing i like is the piping for the eyes, it does look pretty good under the light and the head is actually molded plastic instead of painted. After the first transformation with the original i found that paint started to chip off the top of the head. This upgrade has eliminated that concern.

Finally in my review of the upgrade is that this also comes with a few added extra goodies that really set off Blitzwing. first is the missiles that attach to the back of the shoulders, the really do look good in robot mode, and as i haven't transformed him into alt mode i believe that they can be attached in either tank or jet modes. And last is his new gun, as stated before the only thing that does kind of put me off is the color matching is not quiet right, but hey a bigger gun is always better if you ask me.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

So quite worth the purchase?

I decided to order one too but mine wont ship until MP Bluestreak is released so.. end of October. I mostly wanted it for the new head sculpt as the face looked so much better than the original. Looking at your photos though, the yellow colour is kinda meh.

Im just after this for the shoulder fix and the missles... the bigger gun looks nice too, but im keepin the original man-e-faces head.... it's grown on me
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I don't own a Blitzwing but does this new head sculpt fit inside the soft plastic jet mode cockpit better?

Do the shoulder and missile additions need to be removed for the transformation and also the alt mode display?
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    I don't own a Blitzwing but does this new head sculpt fit inside the soft plastic jet mode cockpit better?
    Yes, it is proportionaly smaller which makes for a better fit.

Do the shoulder and missile additions need to be removed for the transformation and also the alt mode display?
    I havent transformed him to that point yet, but i would say that they would have to be removed.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Im just after this for the shoulder fix and the missles... the bigger gun looks nice too, but im keepin the original man-e-faces head.... it's grown on me
    Thanks to Cranky's excellent review , I'm seriously considering picking up a set for those very reasons.

Looks good!

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Your pics pushed me over the edge on it.

Ordered a set.

I wonder how it'd look with the helmet painted, including the strap?

The colour as it is is bearable, but it's a bit lemony, and I'd prefer a brighter yellow. That reads as more 'Blitzwingy' to me.

I also won't be transforming it, so paint scratching isn't an issue.

I don't mind the gimmick head, but the sculpt just ended up too bulbous and Dreamwave looking, as a result of the material and gimmick. I prefer the sharp cut lines on this upgrade head.
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

I got mine this week and I am very happy with it. Wasn't too fussed about the original head, liked the bigger gun and missiles (yes, they have to be taken off for transformation) but the shoulder pads are an absolute godsend! It's a pity the colour isn't an exact match but it is close enough: a bit of variety doesn't hurt.
    The kit even inspired me to transform Blitzwing for the first time!