Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd party transformers..

Default 3rd party transformers..

What are people's thoughts on 3rd party transformers. While my view is they are fricking awsome, I could never afford them esp if you look on American sites, they seem to jack the price up more. Is the price stopping you? If not what else? What is the most you'd like to pay (without being too cheap) And if you already have bought them, were you 100% satisfied?

FP Warbot Springer is all kinds of awesome

love him dearly

got some others coming on the strength of my first 3rd party purchase

Default 3rd party transformers...

3rd party transformers..
    What are people's thoughts on 3rd party transformers. While my view is they are fricking awsome, I could never afford them esp if you look on American sites, they seem to jack the price up more. Is the price stopping you? If not what else? What is the most you'd like to pay (without being too cheap) And if you already have bought them, were you 100% satisfied?

I like a number of them, but I find cost can be the big cut-off point. I've bought most of the Fansproject and Maketoys figures, and often a bunch of the Unicron.com and Beelzeboss head replacement kits, and a couple of iGear's items.

However items like Feral Rex and these larger combiners, while looking fantastic, are (to me) too expensive for what they are and I have no interest in paying $500 for a combiner who may ultiamtely be too large for the rest of my figures.

The only 3rd party I own is the Perfect Effect Frenzy/Rumble tank things. The quality of these are terrible with bits falling off and not 'clicking in' properly. Most 3rd party TFs look great though but are expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    The only 3rd party I own is the Perfect Effect Frenzy/Rumble tank things. The quality of these are terrible with bits falling off and not 'clicking in' properly. Most 3rd party TFs look great though but are expensive.
    Ok, so are you saying for the price you paid, the value was certainly short of what you expected? How much did you buy it for and where from if you don't mind me asking?

...Value* and quality

Quality is all over the place. Not surprising when there are a couple dozen separate companies putting out anything from direct knockoffs to masterpiece grade originals.
    I have Fansproject City Commander, Defender, Perfect Effect Motobot, Maketoy Green Giant and am happy with their design and material quality.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    I like a number of them, but I find cost can be the big cut-off point. I've bought most of the Fansproject and Maketoys figures, and often a bunch of the Unicron.com and Beelzeboss head replacement kits, and a couple of iGear's items.

However items like Feral Rex and these larger combiners, while looking fantastic, are (to me) too expensive for what they are and I have no interest in paying $500 for a combiner who may ultiamtely be too large for the rest of my figures.
    Ok yer, I'm hearing ya... So would you say the combiners or other third party transformers are worth at least $10 to $15 less for each bot? Would you buy them then? Last time I checked most places were selling them for roughly $95 + each figure yer?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post
    FP Warbot Springer is all kinds of awesome

love him dearly

got some others coming on the strength of my first 3rd party purchase
    How much we're they selling for at the time and would you prefer that they were $10 to $15 less?