Page 46 of 120 FirstFirst ... 263641424344454647484950515666 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    I only just found out that Brad Garrett (Everyone loves Raymond) was the voice of Trypticon in G1... Mind blown
    Haha, woah what

Yeah, something very few know because he had the one minor role (in terms of lines) and so long ago.
    He does a lot of voice work, so it probably isn't that unusual to hear that he did a role in Transformers.

Was it mentioned during one of his Australian interviews while he's in the country?

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    I only just found out that Brad Garrett (Everyone loves Raymond) was the voice of Trypticon in G1... Mind blown
    I wrote it in a song ten years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Yeah, something very few know because he had the one minor role (in terms of lines) and so long ago.
    He does a lot of voice work, so it probably isn't that unusual to hear that he did a role in Transformers.

Was it mentioned during one of his Australian interviews while he's in the country?
    He was in Canberra last night, and my mate had a meet and greet with him, then watched his show... apparently he was hilariously inappropriate, and my mate being in the front row right in the middle was picked on all night.

Was checking out some video reviews of Legends Convoy (Optimus Primal) to see how it differentiated from previous uses of the mould.
    I have had an original Ultra Beast Wars Primal that I got second hand from my brother years ago and never knew that those little black knobs on his biceps were switches to change what motion the trigger on his back caused the arms to do, until seeing it done in the video review.
    I always thought that he only could spin his forearms with that trigger. my mind was blown. an almost 20 year old figure, that I have had for probably around 16 years and I never knew it

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Was checking out some video reviews of Legends Convoy (Optimus Primal) to see how it differentiated from previous uses of the mould.
    I have had an original Ultra Beast Wars Primal that I got second hand from my brother years ago and never knew that those little black knobs on his biceps were switches to change what motion the trigger on his back caused the arms to do, until seeing it done in the video review.
    I always thought that he only could spin his forearms with that trigger. my mind was blown. an almost 20 year old figure, that I have had for probably around 16 years and I never knew it
    You should be ashamed! I mean, it's a terrible gimmick, but come on!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Generations Jetfire does have light piped eyes; and the eyes also line up with the helmet visor too. However the light pipe effect is rather weak on this toy, although the overcast skies we had in Sydney today didn't help much.

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    You should be ashamed! I mean, it's a terrible gimmick, but come on!
    I know, I'm an embarrassment to Beast Wars fans everywhere

I never got to see any instructions for the figure and to me it just being primal was cool enough, I never worried about what it could actually do, it was primal that was what mattered.
    plus my brother never let me play with it while we were kids and once I got it there were so many missing parts that I just put him on my shelf and never really fiddled with him :/
    he's missing pretty much every piece that can be removed (Chest/gorilla head, all missiles, swords, mace, even the covers to his shoulder cannons is gone. even though it still looks nice, I may try and get the new Legends version some day if I can find it

Hydradread was originally intended to be called "Hydrodread," but the correction never made it through, thus he shall forever more be Hydradread. And the night.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Hydradread was originally intended to be called "Hydrodread," but the correction never made it through, thus he shall forever more be Hydradread. And the night.
    That's a fun fact.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust