Page 67 of 183 FirstFirst ... 475762636465666768697071727787 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Megatran Guest

Went over to the neighbours house with wife in tow. Showed the neighbours the 'defaced' book (although they would have been aware of the sorry state of the book).

I should have known they weren't interested in replacing it, although apologetic. If the neighbour was sincere she would have offered to do so yesterday.

I cant blame the kids. One looks like a prepy & the other is even younger. The responsibility lies with the parents.

My avenue now is with auspost, if they were indeed the courier service. I wonder if they will pass the buck to Amazon & vice versa.

Edit: just realised the 2 torn pages whilst trying to separate them actually affects 4 pages (double sided). *slaps forehead*

Amazon has tracking... so tell them to prove that it was delivered. Australia Post would have to prove that they delivered it to your address, which you can say honestly that it wasn't. If Amazon then send you a new one, you could give the brats back the book to finish destroying.

This might help: Opening other peoples mail.

Threats may not improve the situation, but it would sure feel good "warning" them that they could risk 2 years prison if they didn't replace the damaged book.

But get onto Amazon and Australia Post, as I'd hope that Australia Post compensates you for their error... not that it is likely with their treatment of mail and customers.
    Unfortunately, it's likely to be Amazon to eat the cost when you get them to prove delivery, and it's not their fault.

I can't believe your neighbours didn't offer to replace it or at the very least give you the money so you could order another. They opened it therefore they are completely at fault IMO, especially if it was clearly addressed to you.

Dude, you need new neighbours.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I would go and talk to them again, and secretly recording them admitting they opened your mail (it is not illegal in Victoria to record people without their consent if you are a party to the recording). You can then request a replacement, or remind them what the legal consequences are.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    I would go and talk to them again, and secretly recording them admitting they opened your mail (it is not illegal in Victoria to record people without their consent if you are a party to the recording). You can then request a replacement, or remind them what the legal consequences are.
    I'd also do this myself. But I hate all my neighbors.

Megatran: Your neighbours sound like they have the brains of a fornicator.

Argh! Missed out on one of the rarest opportunities I've had as a collector last night! MIB(still MOSC backer/bubble) Pre-Rub G1 Jazz with a beautiful box for an awesome price! I'm kicking myself so hard!! >_< When will I learn to never hesitate...

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    Argh! Missed out on one of the rarest opportunities I've had as a collector last night! MIB(still MOSC backer/bubble) Pre-Rub G1 Jazz with a beautiful box for an awesome price! I'm kicking myself so hard!! >_< When will I learn to never hesitate...
    I've had moments like these using eBay but after the initial disappointment fades, you soon realise that just because it went for cheap, it doesn't mean that the next bid would automatically win because you don't know what the highest bid would have been. I've been on the receiving end of some bargains though so I can't complain too much anyway.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]