Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get MP Megatron shipped to Oz?

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    I'd rather have a Masterpiece Galvatron. Sure we have Energon Megatron/Galvatron but... it's just not the same.
    ^Agreed.

I'd much rather see new characters done as MPs instead of rehashes of old characters that we already have, even if it's a new mould.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Is there a 'good' Megatron around? If so, I ain't seen or heard of one.
    Shattered Glass.

Already, IMO the best Megatron toys have been:
    + Original G1: the robot mode is quite good by G1 standards (especially given the thin alt mode), and the gun mode is just fantastic as a near 1:1 scale replica Walther P38 (the legal issues surrounding this toy in some areas is a testament to how well crafted the alt mode is)
    + G2 Hero Megatron: okay, the colours are a bit strange, and the bright orange pump is just weird, but the toy itself is quite nice. The tank mode gives us a Megatron free of any legal woes. Unlike it's 1993 G2 bricktastic predecessor, it has a fully articulated robot mode - which was a whole new thing at the time.
    + G2 Go-Bot Megatron: Megatron as a Porsche may seem strange, but the Go-Bots were cool in their ability to conserve momentum with their free-spinning axles. Their scale also makes them compatible with playsets from other mini cars like Matchbox, Hotwheels etc. Loads of play value for such a small and inexpensive toy. The Go-Bot moulds were reused years later for Car Robot and Robots In Disguise as the Spychangers (and the Megatron mould became Artfire/Hot Shot).
    + BW Megatron - Basic, Ultra, Transmetal: all great toys. High detailed sculpting with great articulation. Basic Megatron's tail weapon was a simple but effective design, being part of a new generation of toys with completely self-contained accessories. Ultra Megatron's lack of hands takes a while to get used to, but he has that fun water squirting gimmick and hip mounted missile launchers. He also has one of the better looking mutant heads that looks like an evil war mask. Transmetal Megatron is the best designed of all the BW Megatrons IMO, just a fantastic toy.
    + Henkei Megatron: the Nerf Maverick gun mode finally allows a Megatron gun toy to be sold without legal issues! The Henkei version does away with the clown colours of Classics Megatron. United Megatron has a more G1 inspired colour scheme.
    + Animated Megatron: great toy - one of the best Leader Class toys ever made. By far the best Leader Class Megatron toy ever made. The way that the helicopter rotors become the swords is quite neat IMO.
    + Dark of the Moon Voyager Megatron: the best of the movieverse Megatron toys IMO. It has a definitive looking alt mode and I like how the hood works in both vehicle and robot modes.

...that's it. None of the other Megatron toys have impressed me much.

I wouldnt mind a new Megatron. Got to sit through the 5000 obligatory Prime repaints first. Shockwave, Galvatron and Cyclonus, all on my wishlist.

Galvatron is a Must. They have to do one. G2 Meg Tank is the way to go I think. How cool would a MP Tank be?

Megatron or Megatron is a MUST buy for me!
    I can imagine a cartoon accurate toy with all that G1 goodness in my mind...

Speaking of Megs, I wouldn't be too bugged if they gave his legs (and gun handle) a more cartoon-like look, as in quite flat and dark grey coloured, as shown below:

Megatron Gun Mode by Bidoofdude, on Flickr

Megatron Robot Mode by Bidoofdude, on Flickr

I think this would solve some of the issues surrounding him and his ownership and would allow for a cartoon-like look.

Though, no idea how to fix the chicken legs.

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I think this would solve some of the issues surrounding him and his ownership and would allow for a cartoon-like look.
    The main issue with legal ownership is that his alt-mode is a realistic looking gun. Regardless of whether it's slightly over/under size, whether you change the some of the contours or lighten the grip colour, if someone pointed something like that at me I'm not going to be asking for a close up look.

Though, no idea how to fix the chicken legs.
    Squats.

Quote Originally Posted by Iriorne View Post
    The main issue with legal ownership is that his alt-mode is a realistic looking gun. Regardless of whether it's slightly over/under size, whether you change the some of the contours or lighten the grip colour, if someone pointed something like that at me I'm not going to be asking for a close up look.
    Yes, this is quite true, although they do give it a slightly better chance.
    And yes, you would unfortunately not see the handle when someone is pointed at you... -_-

Hmm, how can they design it so it won't be recognized as a weapon, replica or not?
    Anyone got an idea? I'm stumped.

Quote Originally Posted by Iriorne View Post
    ^+1 QFT. eHobby Megatron and Chronicles Megatron have that more toy like flat grey, but they still count as replica firearms. It just needs to look like a realistic gun at a glance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Squats.
    LOL!
    Yes, this is quite true, although they do give it a slightly better chance.
    Not really. MP Megatron is oversized but it still counts as a replica.

Hmm, how can they design it so it won't be recognized as a weapon, replica or not?
    Anyone got an idea? I'm stumped.
    Don't make it look like a recognisable weapon! Methods may include:
    a. Paint the tip of the barrel bright orange.
    b. Paint the entire toy in bright clown colours like a Nerf gun
    c. Make the toy extremely undersized e.g. Smallest TF Megatron, Choro-Q Megatron, RtS Legends Class Megatron are all exempt from replica weapon classification (hence why RtS Megs was able to be sold by Hasbro; they didn't even need to make the barrel tip orange, but they did it anyway )
    d. Model the gun mode after a non-realistic gun type, e.g. scifi/space gun (like G1 Shockwave, Galvatron etc.), Nerf weapon (like CHUGUR Megatrons) etc.
    ...or a combination of the above.

Classics Megatron is a great example of this as it combines all of the above!! Here's a comparison pic between Classics Megs and an N-Strike Maverick ... you can actually see that Megatron is noteably smaller than the Nerf gun. Hasbro really covered all their bases with that toy!

Whats the point of a bright orange tip when you can just paint it to match?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Whats the point of a bright orange tip when you can just paint it to match?
    So they can actually sell it legally.