Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Selling TFs isn't fun

Parting with Transformers toys is something that I very rarely do. If I didn't want to keep a toy for keeps, then I just don't buy it in the first place. When I do offer a toy up for trade or sale, it's usually because:
    1. I've come across a spare. <---99% of my trades/sales are because of this
    2. I've come across a later version of that toy which makes the earlier one feel redundant. e.g. I sold off my Classics Megatron, Skywarp and Astrotrain after getting the Henkei versions.

So at most, I might experience, "I don't want this version of this toy any more," but never, "I don't want this toy anymore."

I've only ever sold one Transformer toy - a black Energon Unicron to another board member. Why? Because I wanted the TakTom movie accurate version and couldn't justify having both (not to the wife anyway). The only thing that soured me on the experience was shipping it to the other side of Australia which ended up being $50. I can get stuffed shipped from OS for cheaper! Anyway, I'm at a stage now where I am comfortable with what I have and it's unlikely I will be selling anything off in the near future. They'll all be left to my kids and that will be their decision to make... hopefully when I am loooooong gone.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Yes selling sucks and is a pain. I'm about to cull a bunch because I need the money unfortunately

I think I'm just going to give up and use a bunch of my sale items for kitbashing practice. I need to learn how to paint better anyway.

Well on one hand it is sad to see your old friends go(even if they stayed in the box) but on the other hand it was a good way to meet fellow fans

Yep, It sucks. For some reason, when i sell on ebay, it usually goes for next to nothing or if it does sell at a reasonable price, the post man takes 2/3rds of any profit. Not mention time cutting down boxes , Impatient buyers, Fuel to the post office, sitting in peak hour, interacting with the public , etc. etc.

If i sell at Nexus i sometimes see my item on ebay going for 3 or more times what i sold it for...

I'm thinking of giving stuff away now. It's just not worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    I tried to sell some ducks once for $10 each. No response in over a month. Relisted them as FREE, and they went within 30 minutes.
    Bit off topic but, my mother in law had some chairs on her front lawn she was giving away. They sat there for days (no pun intended).
    She then put a sign on them for 10 bucks,,, someone "stole" them that night.

kinda opposite but funny i thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Slag View Post
    Bit off topic but, my mother in law had some chairs on her front lawn she was giving away. They sat there for days (no pun intended).

It's the "perceived value"

Yep, It sucks. For some reason, when i sell on ebay, it usually goes for next to nothing or if it does sell at a reasonable price, the post man takes 2/3rds of any profit. Not mention time cutting down boxes , Impatient buyers, Fuel to the post office, sitting in peak hour, interacting with the public , etc. etc.
    Uses Bunnings for your boxes!

I'm thinking of giving stuff away now. It's just not worth it
    Let me know what you want to give me

That's really funny. Every last piece of rubbish i've put out for junk collection has always been swiped within a day or so! They're like hawks where i live. One time i got woken up cause THREE cars were outside on my street at 3am, going one by one down the street, scouring through piles of shit. I kept watching hoping there'd be a brawl over ownership of the half-complete sun-faded set of deck chairs with no table or rotten queensize bed, but alas it seems they were all quite civilized!

hello would you give me a 90% discount and make sure items are posted yesterday?