Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121727 ... LastLast

Thread: Classics 2.0/Universe Comments thread

See here (no Hot Shot though)

Yeah... I don't get the point of Universe Cheetor and Dinobot... in many ways they look inferior to the original toys from 1996! :/

Thanks.

Cheetor, meh, now they use the shuriken weapon since they thought it was cool with the animated prowl ei? not with this figure though. I prefer my Universe 1.0 Cheetor - nightslash was it called (same mold as Catscan) Thundercracker, eww, I thought it was dirge with a bad color day. Cliffjumper, yes! Hound ok - is mistransformed at the hips? - looks kinda bare or missing a lot of bulk there. - loving ravage. Cyclonus - getting for the TM partner, meh on colors looks plump. Black Megsy - no, dont need a SW repainted one. Inferno - yes, matches the toy ( from other pics) quite well so that's a blessing. Starscream - they shouldve done it like this in the first place, now they do it,sigh, sigh , sigh. Vector Prime as Gok said Turd Prime, nope, thanks.

Where's Dinobot? I dont have the original or reissue (10th anniv) but I want to see it first before I may even think of getting one.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

The only Universe release in this list that I like is Inferno. I will get Act Cliffjumper as a collectible and because its cheap but not really excited.

The rest suck

The sad thing is that some molds are very good such as Cyclonus and Hound but they have been ruined by the paint jobs. Enough has already been said about Cyclonus but why did they have to paint Hound in such a bright green? He looks as if he is from Animated.

I hope for a Henkei release of these two figures.

Edit: Some good news for Hound:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...heetor-165989/

We will be getting a Henkei release and strangely enough Henkei will also have a Cheetas but its impossible to rescue such a bad mold.
    Last edited by kup; 12th October 2008 at 11:02 AM.

Yeah, I'll stick to my original BW Cheetor thanks.

liege: Dinobot's not pictured in that link. But from what I saw he's like Cheetor - looks like fail. :/ I'd recommend that you go find a version of the original Dinobot mould instead - as much as the original has problems, the Universe version isn't really improving on it so what's the point? I'd personally recommend getting the Telemocha Japanese reissue of Dinobot, but any version of the original Dinobot toy would be better than the Universe one IMO. Ditto Cheetor.

Why would anyone get these Universe BW TFs? :/

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yeah, I'll stick to my original BW Cheetor thanks.

liege: Dinobot's not pictured in that link. But from what I saw he's like Cheetor - looks like fail. :/ I'd recommend that you go find a version of the original Dinobot mould instead - as much as the original has problems, the Universe version isn't really improving on it so what's the point? I'd personally recommend getting the Telemocha Japanese reissue of Dinobot, but any version of the original Dinobot toy would be better than the Universe one IMO. Ditto Cheetor.

Why would anyone get these Universe BW TFs? :/
    Dinobot will soon be Henkei if the news on Henkei Cheetas is true. Its possible that a decent paint job may improve things a bit but the mold is still inferior to the original.

These new BW figures reek of Beast Machines and Armada.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

The only reason to get henkei hound is if they chrome ravages missles. The vehicle is a bad design (looks like carp).

And I highly disagree that the new starscream "is what they should have done in the first place". Just take another look at classics screamer:

http://www.tfu.info/2006/Decepticon/...starscream.htm

Now look at boring plain old new version. Looks too cheap to sell in a 33cent store comes to mind.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post

Excellent point. This thread should have been for in hand toy impressions.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Too much Classics discussion is never enough!

But on this topic,
    both Cheetor & Dinobot = *shakes head*
    Hotshot = I don't think so
    Hound/Cyclonus/Inferno/Smokescreen = sure the final paintjob ain't that great but - I'lll still pick 'em up

Maybe Cheetor is in his new post Beast Machine /Universe battles Prime body?

Maybe the matrix o leadership screwed with his body