Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TF4 AOE Construct-Bot toys found in Adelaide!

I rang up the store, saying where I was from (this site), and asked for some info.

The Titans have May 17th on the master cartons, so won't be released until then... but since the Construct-Bots DIDN'T, they were put straight out (yesterday when they arrived).
    Not having a street-date on the master cartons may be an oversight by Hasbro, and it is possible that they might chase up stores on Monday to remove stock, and stamping the date on cartons that are still in their warehouse.

The 7 figures in the photo above are the entire first wave.
    $25 - Grimlock, Slug, Strafe.
    $15 - Bumblebee, Lockdown, Optimus, Drift.

That is all that they've put out, and the 12 inch Titans are the only movie toys they got so far, and I couldn't get any info on what was in them or prices.

The store agreed that it didn't make sense for Hasbro to be sending out Movie stock so early, for it to take up valuable space in stores for the next 3 months.

It might be worth checking out other Toyworlds before Hasbro gets onto this, to see if they have appeared anywhere else as well.
    Last edited by griffin; 15th February 2014 at 06:28 PM.

Temporarily moving this to the main Movie news section, with a redirect remaining here until I move it back.

Source of the photos can be seen here.

There were three Movie Titans that were listed in Walmart's computers

Optimus
    Lockdown
    Bumblebee

They had a retail of $9.97 USD, so i'm not expecting much from them
    http://tformers.com/transformers-4-a...2179/news.html

Just noting here for future reference, the specs...

Construct Bots

Dinobot Riders
    Wave 1
    Autobot Drift (18) blue/black car
    Bumblebee (18) yellow car
    Lockdown (18) green/black car
    Optimus Prime (18) red/blue truck

Dinobots
    Wave 1
    Autobot Slug (28) purple/(pink) triceratops
    Grimlock (25) orange/grey T-Rex
    Strafe (27) grey/blue two-headed winged beast

(The numbers are how many pieces in each)
    The amount of pieces makes the Dinobots rather small compared to the first series of Construct-Bots... and the comparative prices.
    In the first series, we had Scouts with mostly 40-45 pieces, for AU$18-19.
    And the Elite class mostly had 50-55 pieces, for AU$25-30.

Now it's just 18 pieces for AU$15, and 25-30 pieces for AU$25. A halving of the piece counts (and looking at the pics, the figure sizes) for the same price points.

Such a tough choice - be one of the first in the world to have these to scalp off to Americans (who may not get them for another 3 months, so some will pay big bucks for them), or buy them up at those inflated AU$ prices and then see them released in America next week at a third of the price they are here. (based on existing Construct-Bots price points, the Dinobots should be about US$10, and the Dinobot Riders should be about US$5 in America)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    There were three Movie Titans that were listed in Walmart's computers

Optimus
    Lockdown
    Bumblebee

They had a retail of $9.97 USD, so i'm not expecting much from them
    http://tformers.com/transformers-4-a...2179/news.html

At 12 inches tall (30 centimeters) and at that price point (same as the Generations Legends 2-packs in America), they shouldn't be anything more than the Beast Hunters 12 inch and 18 inch non-convertible figures... and they were terrible. Especially the larger ones, that were really over-priced because they were TRU exclusives in America (at US$25 each).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I rang up the store, saying where I was from (this site), and asked for some info.

The Titans have May 17th on the master cartons, so won't be released until then... but since the Construct-Bots DIDN'T, they were put straight out (yesterday when they arrived).
    Not having a street-date on the master cartons may be an oversight by Hasbro, and it is possible that they might chase up stores on Monday to remove stock, and stamping the date on cartons that are still in their warehouse.

It might be worth checking out other Toyworlds before Hasbro gets onto this, to see if they have appeared anywhere else as well.
    Quite interesting, I might go check out one of my local ones and see what they have. As they managed to get all the Beast Hunter stuff near me far before any of the stores such as Target, Kmart or Big W did.

Look kinda cool. I can see my boy digging these

Only downside? Confirmation that dinobot strafe has two heads. Never heard of any dinosaur having two noggins but hey, it's bay I'll stick to calling him strafe with not any thought of swoop entering my head from now on

I rang 10 different Toyworlds in Brisbane, but none have had anything new for Transformers in ages. So no TF4 toys up here as of today.

After all the attention with the US Toyfair, and the Titans being of no interest to older fans, I can wait until BotCon now to buy these things for half the price of here.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I rang 10 different Toyworlds in Brisbane, but none have had anything new for Transformers in ages. So no TF4 toys up here as of today.

After all the attention with the US Toyfair, and the Titans being of no interest to older fans, I can wait until BotCon now to buy these things for half the price of here.
    How far south did you get Griffin?

I checked Runaway Bay yesterday and no joy. I you haven't checked, I may pop over and check the big one at Burleigh Waters.

I checked Burleigh yesterday and they had nothing new on the shelves.