Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: New Masterpiece Hot Rod?

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    That's brilliant, let's package the, arguably, two most hated characters in western g1 fandom so they'll sell like hotcakes!
    Nah, a lot of people like Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime.min TFW's the best character of all time thread 6 people said g1 Rodimus, and from what I've heard people liked Hot Rod more then Rodimus.

I can't speak for Wheelie.... In Japan he did defeat Trypticon though!
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    Nah, a lot of people like Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime.min TFW's the best character of all time thread 6 people said g1 Rodimus, and from what I've heard people liked Hot Rod more then Rodimus.

I can't speak for Wheelie.... In Japan he did defeat Trypticon though!
    My statement was poking fun at the reality that they are probably the two most trash-talked characters in G1. Despite this, Hot Rod is definitely a popular character (proven by how many toys/homages he gets) and an MP two pack with Wheelie would sell, just like any MP would these days.

Wheelie is hella cool. Now Hasbro is embracing fembots i can only hope it is a matter of time for them to embrace orphanbots-who-are scarred-with-speech-difficulties.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    mmm was wheelie that prominent with hot rod? can't remember. Wheelie would be better off with a new version of Grimlock imo . King Grimlock and Wheelie!
    From Wheelie's tech specs bio: "Staunch friend to the Dinobots and a reliable ally for Hot Rod and Kup."
    So really, he could come with either Hot Rod, Kup or any of the Dinobots and it'd make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    My statement was poking fun at the reality that they are probably the two most trash-talked characters in G1. Despite this, Hot Rod is definitely a popular character (proven by how many toys/homages he gets) and an MP two pack with Wheelie would sell, just like any MP would these days.
    Discussion continued here

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    From Wheelie's tech specs bio: "Staunch friend to the Dinobots and a reliable ally for Hot Rod and Kup."
    So really, he could come with either Hot Rod, Kup or any of the Dinobots and it'd make sense.
    oh that pic of wheelie just sparked my memory. Didn't Kup and Wheelie come packaged together in the collector box reissue? That'd make a lot of sense follow from there.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    oh that pic of wheelie just sparked my memory. Didn't Kup and Wheelie come packaged together in the collector box reissue? That'd make a lot of sense follow from there.
    Sure did
    Good move too, cos who'd buy a Wheelie reissue on their own? I actually skipped this reissue at first, because I didn't want Wheelie. But I eventually bought it off the secondary market (thankfully it hadn't appreciated ) because I wanted a Targetmaster Kup. Getting a reissue Wheelie was a bonus. Although something that I didn't know until I got the toy was that they repainted Wheelie's face to make it more show-like. This was a nice touch as the original completely orange face is just bland, and it does help to differentiate this toy from the original.

If they're going to release an MP Wheelie, then I guess it'd make sense to release it with another MP. Although if they're going to make it at the same size/scale as MP Bumblebee, then it's either going to significantly jack up the cost of the toy (or compromise the engineering of the accompanying figure), or it'd just be an oversized simplistic figure, much like Spike-in-Exo-Suit that came w/ MP Bumblebee. I'd rather see them skip Wheelie and just focus more money and effort on the core figure itself.