Page 83 of 120 FirstFirst ... 6373787980818283848586878893103 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

I never realised that Transformers Prime Wheeljack was basically Drift and Wheeljack combined in to one bot.

I think a lot of people did sarcastically refer to him as DriftJack at the time.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Susan Boyle could play Optimus.

If she lowered her voice.
    This guy too.

Megatran Guest

Astrotrain: Speed = 10

Galaxy Shuttle: Speed = 6 (& he doesn't transform into a relatively slow moving toot frickin toot train)

G1.5 Windbreaker/Zap was the first Transformer to transform into a Camaro.

FatalityPitt Guest

Checking out the manga that will accompany the Takara LGEX Titan Master set ("Hasbro" versions of Brainstorm, Chromedome, Hardhead, Flywheels, etc).

Link: https://www.seibertron.com/transform...ter-set/37354/

Some spoilers ahead

It looks like these Titan Masters aren't just the Hasbro versions of these toys, but they represent the characters as well..

i.e. Even though the "Chromedome" Titan Master becomes Chromedome's head, it actually represents Stylor, not Chromedome himself - unlike the Takara continuity where Chromedome's head is Chromedome... I hope that made sense...

Basically; it looks to me like the Brainstorm, Chromedome and Hardhead in this set are actually Arcana, Stylor and Duros.

I find Arcana's choice of head-wear to be strange since I thought he was a magician in the US cartoon/Marvel Continuity, not a doctor.. I dunno, I can't read Japanese.. Maybe that's Teslor, and Teslor is a medic??

I think it's cool that Arcana, Duros and Stylor are being released and represented in the Takara market as separate characters from Brainstorm, Chromedome and Hardhead (so to speak). I also think it'd be cool if they did the same for Gort, Vorath, Monzo and Grax later down the road. From memory, Vorath was a mad scientist, Monzo was a Pro-wrestler/mobster, and Grax was a ruthless businessman. It'd be interesting to see how they're portrayed in the manga.

EDIT: Ah! I stand corrected; Arcana was a medic. Now the topic well and truly matches the thread

Just bought Titans Return Voyager Optimus from this guy in China and apparently it comes with 2 instruction manuals. 1 in Multi Languages (Like what we usually get) and 1 in Chinese.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Yep, I've experienced that before from TFs bought in China, including toys that were resealed including resealed carded figures.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Today in things I never realised but probably should:

The movie lines have given us a lot of amazing non-movie characters with realistic military plane/helicopter alt modes!

- Incinerator as a V-22 Osprey (vehicle seen in the movie, not as a Transformer)
    - Breakaway/Thrust as an F-35 Lightning II
    - Dirge/Jetblade as a Harrier (ish)
    - Tomahawk as an amalgam of a bunch of different attack helicopters
    - Terradive as a Su-47 Berkut
    - Highbrow as a P-38 Lightning
    - Skyhammer as a Mi-24 Hind (ish)
    - Dreadwing as a Mig-29 Fulcrum
    - Stratosphere as a mish mash of military transport planes (vehicle seen in the movie, not as a Transformer)
    - Air Raid as an AWACS place
    - Hatchet as a Eurofighter Typhoon (character was in DOTM but not transforming into a jet)
    - Mindwipe as an F-117

Quite a lot of quality there.

EDIT: How did I forget Mindwipe?
    I Totally agree, except your going to have to change your

- Breakaway/Thrust as an F-35 Lightning II

to

- Breakaway/Thrust as an F-35 Lightning II (ISH)

the sail section is pretty much completely wrong.

I have really enjoyed a lot of the toys you've mentioned above, some excellent designs and excellent engineering. many trying things rarely done before in the toy line.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    Just bought Titans Return Voyager Optimus from this guy in China and apparently it comes with 2 instruction manuals. 1 in Multi Languages (Like what we usually get) and 1 in Chinese.
    That's correct. They open the packaging and add the Chinese instructions so you get both.
    I don't buy from China very often but when I do we always get 2 sets of instructions. It's also one of the ways to know you've a good chance it is the officially licensed stuff.