Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prime Toys - Which Megs to get

Default Prime Toys - Which Megs to get

I want to add a Megatron to my Prime collection. I like both the Prid and the Sharkticon Megatron. I have both available to choose from. So far for my primes I have mainly stuck to the more show accurate variants of the characters, but the shark Megatron is pretty cool.

What is everyone's opinion on the Megatron toys from prime? Has anyone got either or both and what do you like best from they toy(s)?

Thanks for your help...

I think you should stick with your show accuracy. But shark Megs could have some interesting trading opportunities in the future.
    Neither option has a show accurate cannon though.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

TFP Megatron is just an awful design... the alt mode is just fail. None of them are particularly good, but IMO the Deluxe Class First Edition toy is the least poorest. Although admittedly that toy was never released here and is reportedly hard to find now, but I'd recommend it only if you can find one for about $30 or less. Between the easier to find Voyagers; well, BH Megatron is a retool of TFPRiD Megatron. I personally prefer TFPRiD Megatron simply because it's closer to how he appears in the show; although the toy suffers from an incredibly bland colour scheme. BH Megatron looks to have more effort put into the colours, but the colours don't look good to me; but I admit that's just a matter of personal taste.

So I'd say have a good look at both Voyagers and choose whichever toy's colour scheme appeals to you more. They're both essentially variations of the same core mould; I don't think one toy will really offer better play value than the other (unless you're a mad fan for LED gimmicks ).

The Prime Megatron Voyager is a great figure and most show accurate. I also have Sharkticon Megs but is just a separate character (Sharkticon) in my collection.

I personally like the regular version, though the colours and alt mode aren't the best. With that version of the mold, I really think the japanese Arms Micron Final Battle version takes the cake in terms of paint. However, it has no cannon and is more expensive than the regular version.

The review thread for TFPRiD Voyager Megatron is here if you'd like to read a wider variety of people's thoughts on this toy. Noone's made a thread for the Deluxe figure but you'll find a lot of comparative comments in that TFPRiD Voyager thread. I don't think anyone's made a thread to review the new TFPBH Voyager Megatron retool either.

Get both. Big W currently have the TFP Voyager Megatron & Optimus on clearance for $24.

While it's not an incredibly great mold the Prid mold is the best representation of the show character as far as likeness and scale for figures released in Australia.

I can tell you for sure that megatron never looks like a sharkticon in any of the tv show. so that one's interesting looking but certainly not something you'd get for show accuracy.

There have now been several releases of the megatron voyager mold in japan that we will most likely never be seeing over here that have different variations of colour and chrome I have the darkness megatron (purchased second hand with some of the chrome chipped off) it's nice. downside of most of the japanese releases of this figure is the inclusion of an Arms Micron in the place of something that even remotely looks like a show accurate weapon.

if you can get a voyager Prid megs for $24, that's pretty good value.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I can tell you for sure that megatron never looks like a sharkticon in any of the tv show. so that one's interesting looking but certainly not something you'd get for show accuracy.
    Really? OHYESSTHANKYOUGOD.

Thanks all for your help. I am still not sure which way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    While it's not an incredibly great mold the Prid mold is the best representation of the show character as far as likeness and scale for figures released in Australia.

There have now been several releases of the megatron voyager mold in japan that we will most likely never be seeing over here that have different variations of colour and chrome I have the darkness megatron (purchased second hand with some of the chrome chipped off) it's nice. downside of most of the japanese releases of this figure is the inclusion of an Arms Micron in the place of something that even remotely looks like a show accurate weapon.

if you can get a voyager Prid megs for $24, that's pretty good value.

I do like the more show like figures, but it is not the be all and end all. Especially when the Prid Megatron colouring etc is so bland. I know that he never looks like that in show, hence dilemma. But I like the nod to sharkticon. I love the flying shark of death mode but all that "skin" area in allspark blue is turning me off a little.