Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Second 2015 Club Subscription Toy is Nacelle

I finally got around to get to the post office and picked up my Nacelle, and I can see why they are retiring the mould... not because they want to, but because the mould is just worn out. The wings on mine pretty much fall off when you pick up the toy, so it makes it very difficult to move the connector with the wing... and that's only if the wing connectors were attached properly.

Both wing connectors of both Nacelle toys that arrived (one was for Sinnertwin) have them attached the wrong way around (or on the wrong side... I'm not sure). I didn't even know that it was a problem until Krayt mentioned it... and if it is this common, they may have probably run out of spares already as the Americans were getting theirs 2-3 weeks ago. (or FunPub are fixing them as they come back, and then sending them out to other people... because it only needs the pin knocked out from the back and then turn/swap around the connectors)

I will have to take some photos and post them up.

Sounds similar to issues with Gentei Thundercracker and Skywarp, although they repaired the mould for subsequent uses (e.g. Generations Thrust, Dirge, Thundercracker). Do the launchers stay pegged into the arm holes okay? Cos the Gentei Seekers' fall out really easily.

To save me posting photos here, this is someone posting the comparison images on TFW.
    All the photos I've seen so far have them mis-assembled. If that's the case, I guess it doesn't surprise me that FunPub didn't make an announcement, and are just doing exchanges on the quiet.

Did anyone here get them assembled correctly?

At least it can still transform and display in both modes without anything obvious standing out, but you just have to remove the wings like Gen1 seekers when transforming it.

Oh, and noting that the rear wings are swapped around as well on everyone's Nacelle, which has the bigger half at the bottom instead of top (like tail fins) but it isn't as obvious unless you know about it.
    (those are also requiring a pin removal if you want them swapped over)

Talk about me being late to the party... and I was the one who posted the news here first about this toy being the second figure this year.

Looks like Gen2 Starscream will have the same problem, based on a sample that came out of Asia earlier in the year.

After having some experience with pin removal from toys at the Custom Classes at BotCon, I'm prepared to fix the wings myself if FunPub doesn't want to do anything on this one or Starscream later in the year when it ships.

Hmmm... interesting seeming my "fixed replacement" Nacelle is already in the mail

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Hmmm... interesting seeming my "fixed replacement" Nacelle is already in the mail
    I finally got to the end of reading that TFW topic and saw your post there. I wonder why they are posting one out to you, but nothing was mentioned from any American getting one sent to them.

And yes... it makes you wonder what they are posting to you if all have this construction error.
    Maybe they are indeed having someone fixing the toys themselves, and sending them out to people. (and I would guess that Americans would be asked to post theirs back, which would be cheaper for FunPub to cover the cost)

And if they are fixing them all, they are probably won't send out G2 Starscream until after all of them are fixed.

(moved these posts to a new topic, as it has generated significant interest, and I think future Subscription toys can be separate news topics... leaving the toy leaks and promo reveals to the old news topic)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    And yes... it makes you wonder what they are posting to you if all have this construction error.
    Maybe I'm the only one to just ask nicely instead of any attacking/blaming/etc....

Or maybe everyone is just too lazy....

This was the entirety of the communications needed...

Hi Krayt, you will need a new figure sent to you. We will not ask for your figure back since you are in Australia. We will get a good figure replacement to you. Thank you.

Angie

On Jul 13, 2015, at 9:44 PM, Krayt <krayt@krayt.krayt> wrote:

Hi Guys,

I've just received my NACELLE figure here in Australia, and it has been put together with both of the wing hinge backwards. This means that the wings can not be rotated the 180 degrees into robot mode as required. I'm wondering what we can do about this.

<11205057_10153354755895240_5289168886525950538_n. jpg>

<11751940_10153354755790240_2240513807923077132_n. jpg>

Thanks,
    Krayt
    And i had only heard about the figure arriving, and tail fins Switched. Hadn't heard any reports of main wing issues. Maybe it is only half the batch or something that's wrong.

No one who got theirs on TFW have said that it wasn't assembled incorrectly, which I would have seen at least one if this was a random thing.

The disappointing thing is not seeing any mention of it from FunPub on the Club website, or their facebook page or twitter.

hmmm, that's a bit of a dampener on an otherwise good day.
    Buuuut, in the grand scheme of things it could have been worse