Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some more 2016 RID toys found

Default Some more 2016 RID toys found

No pictures yet, but an online store has some "new" toys listed for Robots In Disguise, with a release at around late November-December, which could be the first wave for 2016 getting it's pre-Christmas release.

We already saw the first Legion wave at SDCC, but here are some Warriors and a 1-step... but only two are new moulds.

1-step Quillfire (the first convertible toy of this character)
    Warrior Fracture (and this is likely to be the only Decepticon Warrior toy for 2016, to go with Steeljaw who was the only Decepticon Warrior toy for 2015)
    Blizzard Strike Optimus (the third toy found with "Blizzard Strike" as a prefix, so expect a significant theme for next year in the toyline and/or cartoon)
    Night Strike Bumblebee (like we need another black redeco)

That blizzard optimus will so likely be painted like ultra Magnus.

Ah yes a warrior Fracture. Will go well with Steeljaw with their "Barely Any Decepticon" army and against the "serious amount of Autobot" army
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

There's already Fracture toy(s). Seems like that spot could have gone to someone else right?

I want Warrior Class Fracture! Although it'll make my Deployer Fracture totally redundant and I doubt anyone else would want one after that. Good to see Quillfire getting a toy. Only about 20 more Deceps to go.

Warrior Fracture!!!! So glad that I didnt get the deployer Fracture

Oh yay! more Bumblebees

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    There's already Fracture toy(s). Seems like that spot could have gone to someone else right?
    After watching the cartoon, there is a recurring cast of core Decepticons, which is probably why Hasbro are focusing on them for toys (Steeljaw, Fracture, Underbite, Thunderhoof), and Megatron(us) because of the sell-ability of the name.

But it is sad to see the change in relationship between toys and cartoon for Transformers.
    Originally the toys would be produced and the cartoon/comic would try to "advertise" as many as they can.
    This then resulted in selectively focussing on the more expensive ones if they had a limit of characters in the cartoon (from Beast Wars to Unicron Trilogy).
    Then Animated and RID only had toys made of characters in the cartoon, with redecos as the same character or renamed from the same mould.

TFPrime did have some non-cartoon characters as toys that were new moulds (particularly all their beast toys), but they still had a lot of redeco/remould toys of cartoon characters to pad out the toyline.

It seems that they can't get a good balance - to have toys of all/most of the cartoon characters making up the bulk of the toyline - without excessive toys not being in the cartoon, or excessive characters not done as toys.

I would have preferred to see Thunderhoof get a (non 1 step) toy first since Fracture already has a 'bigger' toy. But I suppose Drift has both a Deployer and Warrior toy too.

The limited range of toys is a bit disappointing, but I've said elsewhere the quality of the toys they do have is also disappointing so I don't feel like we're missing a great toyline

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The limited range of toys is a bit disappointing, but I've said elsewhere the quality of the toys they do have is also disappointing so I don't feel like we're missing a great toyline
    Yeah the robots in disguise Toyline is probably one of the worse toy lines I've see . The only figure I really enjoy is Legion Fixit due to how cute and poseable the figure is.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

To be fair, the Generations toys were being produced to keep us happy... the RID toyline wasn't meant for us, but for younger fans. Not as young as Rescue Bots target audience, but between us and them.
    If us older fans like some of the RID Warrior class toys or even the Legions, then it's a bonus for Hasbro, and great for those people wanting to buy them.

From the outset, with the way RID was first promoted and described, I knew this wasn't the toyline aimed at me or other adult collectors... but that's why I knew that the Generations (and Masterpiece) toys were being done primarily for our benefit. Sure, there is bleeding over of the two age-groups buying the other lines, but the primary targets were quite different for this year's toylines.