• Only if cheap

1 6.67%
  • Only if (something else)

0 0%
  • No

5 33.33%
  • Not even interested

9 60.00%

Thread: Toy Review - The Last Knight Bumblebee (Deluxe)

Default Toy Review - The Last Knight Bumblebee (Deluxe)

BUMBLEBEE
    Series - The Last Knight
    Sub-line – Premier Edition
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco – Depaint of Age of Extinction Concept Camaro Bumblebee
    Wave – 1
    Released here - late April 2017
    Approximate Retail Price - $29
    Approximate Size – 13cm to top of head (+1cm to top of back mounted bonnet kibble)
    Allegiance -Autobot
    Alt-mode – 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Concept
    Main Features/Gimmicks – flip out cannon-arm, flip down battle mask
    Main Colour – canary yellow
    Main Accessories – x2 shuriken

NOTE: This toy is a straight-up repaint of Age of Extinction Bumblebee. See AoE Bumblebee's review thread for thoughts about the mould, this review will discuss changes made.

When reviewing AoE Bumblebee, I said this:
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Typical of Age of Extinction, there are some nice features in the mould which become lost due to a lack of paint apps to highlight them. There really is just too much yellow on this toy which really needed to be broken up with some gunmetal grey, black and a tiny smidgen of silver, as per the real life vehicle.
    ...but next to TLK Bumblebee, AoE Bumblebee looks like a freakin' Renaissance masterpiece. TLK Bumblebee is just so BLAND. The toy is almost entirely canary yellow with a few patches of grey, silver and black accents, but not nearly enough to just break up all this bright yellow.

Serves me right for not doing enough research into this toy line (probably because I didn't care enough about it ), but there will be a new mould Bumblebee coming up later on. This redeco is just LAZY. The only upside is that it seems to be made of hardier plastic than AoE Bumblebee. The two small tabs on the sides of the grill are notably stronger and haven't produced any stress marks or breakages like I experienced with AoE Bumblebee. But overall, just avoid this toy and wait for the newer version which will be out maybe Wave 3 or later.

PICS

Honestly, if I didn't know any better I'd swear that TLK Bumblebee was a cheap counterfeit of AoE Bumblebee.

This choice by Hasbro makes nearly 0 sense... like if you're going to do a repaint with less paint when you're making a kick-butt new version, why not at least do a super wack colour scheme (like the nightstrike vibes they've done a few times...)

Defs looks like a knock off

I feel bad for your wallet Goktimus

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    I feel bad for your wallet Goktimus
    Meh, it took a far more major beating in Japan, although those were on GOOD toys. In any case, I managed to find a buyer for this toy - someone who missed out on the original AoE figure.

I skipped him after I realised he was a remold, didnt realise the paint scheme was that bad though. If they wanted to re-sell an old mold with a lazy paint job at least use a good one like the HFTD version because crap like this just shelf warms and keeps stores from buying more stock.

I bought it... but I am going to give it to my son when we go see it at the movies.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

They must of used this mold because they simply didn't manufacture the new version in time and needed a headliner for wave 1 in the deluxe range, if bumblebee starts in this form in the movie I'd forgive them but its still the cheapest option they could of used.

Went into the city and Finally saw some of these guys on the shelves and I will say I was unimpressed. Interestingly the boxes are multilingual Euro-boxes, with Takatom stickers on the bottom, so I can assume that TT is just using Hasbro toys.

In China, they could take this out of the box, place it in a knock-off box/package and sell it at the market. Hasbro's done all the hard work for them.

I don't remember what was on the packaging and instructions for the TF4 toy, but this one was not just cheap with the paint, it also failed to note it having accessories (and where they go in both modes) and the gimmick of the battle mask. They almost end up like a hidden easter egg... but that would be giving too much credit to half-assed copying of the TF4 instructions.