Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zommael's trip to LEGOLAND Windsor (warning: many, many pics)

Default Zommael's trip to LEGOLAND Windsor (warning: many, many pics)

Hey all. As some of you may already be aware, I headed back to the UK to see friends and family last month.

Part of that was a trip to the British LEGOLAND with my young cousins. I'd never been before as the park opened when I was in that awkward phase between playing with Power Rangers toys and being obsessed with McFarlane's Spawn line, so it was good fun for me to see. Plus, we managed to snag free tickets.

I thought you guys might appreciate looking at some of the pics my wife took. Note that these are mostly of the sculptures created in one section of the park - the rest of the place is "just" a theme park with the usual sort of rides, albeit occasionally Lego themed. Also she seems to have mainly focused on the London portion, but there were areas designed to reflect cities across Europe and the world.

Yeah, we did go to the Lego store there, and yeah, we did spend lots of money, and yeah, I am now getting into Lego a bit. But as they're all Christmas presents I'm afraid you'll have to wait for me to be able to show them off in the acquisitions thread.

Spectacular models! I really wonder how they keep those displays from the weather. Thanks for sharing Zommael.

Default More pictures

As it turns out, Mrs Zommael did take more than the few pics I've posted so far. A lot more. Here are some of the best:

Wow, Zommael, thank you for sharing, and thank your wife for taking the time to take all those photos.
    It really is amazing how well lego can be used to represent so much diversity. My personal favourites would have to be some of the larger architecture, big ben in particular.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Megatran Guest

I'm no Lego fan, but even I'm totally blown away by the displays. Thanks for sharing.

Really nice photos.

The Legolands are awesome.
    Demonac & I went to the San Diego Legoland a few years back, and you need a whole day and a lot of empty space on your camera's memory card for all the photos you will want to take.

Most impressive. Thanks for sharing.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Great pics. Such amazing builds. I reckon I wouldn't be able to make it out of the store without extending the credit limit on my card!

Amazing!!! My bucket list just got bigger

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

The buildings look incredible, would love the space & bricks to create something like that. I kind of wish they used normal minifigs for the people but I guess that would have thrown their scale out. Thanks for sharing the pics