Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Release dates for next 3 Transformers movies set by Paramount

Default Release dates for next 3 Transformers movies set by Paramount

Paramount Pictures has set the release dates for the next three movies. Source: http://www.thewrap.com/paramount-set...ormers-movies/

Transformers 5: 23rd of June, 2017

Bumblebee spin-off: 8th of June, 2018
    Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...-film#/slide/1

Transformers 6: 28th of June, 2019

The 2018 movie is being reported by most movie news sites as Transformers 6, but it's actually been reported as a Bumblebee spin-off by ComingSoon.net.

Hasbro's official twitter has the 2018 Bumblebee movie as TF6, and the 2019 movie as TF7.

They tweeted up that correction to their Toyfair presentation that noted TF6 as being the 2019 movie.

If they are doing a movie every year I hope that doesn't impact their non-movie toy lines because in the past everything has been pretty much put on hold for the movies.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    If they are doing a movie every year I hope that doesn't impact their non-movie toy lines because in the past everything has been pretty much put on hold for the movies.
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Bumblebee spin-off: 8th of June, 2018 .
    Bet it's some origin story like him going to Autobot University and getting picked on by the elite guard cadets and being a social outcast, yet through a series of wacky misadventures becomes the hero of the campus and gets the hot femmebotcheerleader in the end

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Bet it's some origin story like him going to Autobot University and getting picked on by the elite guard cadets and being a social outcast, yet through a series of wacky misadventures becomes the hero of the campus and gets the hot femmebotcheerleader in the end
    Let's just hope he can speak! Otherwise, give him a Volkswagen bug alt mode and make it double as a Herbie movie.

I'm happy that there is so many transformers Movies in the works, but I'm honestly not that excited about a Bumblebee centric film. I feel that sort of thing is perfect for unseen character stories. Mirage, hound, Jazz (I know, he's dead), any one of the original mini car characters. Just like the Star Wars off year movies are focusing on characters that have only ever had bit parts.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I don't understand the fascination with a Bumblebee movie. That will be an easy pass for me.

Bumblebee is my almost 9 year old sons (who technically is the target audience) least favourite character. He only collects Bumblebee to complete his toy sets for things like RID2015 and movies but they sit on the shelf and gather dust while Optimus, Megatronus and even Sideswipe get loads of "play" time.

Wouldn't an Origins of Prime or a Rise to Darkness Megatron movie be more appropriate? As much as some might say the characters of Optimus and Megatron are overdone these days one thing that would be fascinating would be THEIR origin story given it is now implied they were friends/brothers/comrades prior to the rise of the Decepticons in most media.

I don't understand this push to make Bumblebee such a dominant character (I suspect someone is touting him as the potential Optimus replacement/new Prime). As much as I loathe Rodimus (yes - I still blame him for the demise of Optimus in 1986) I'd rather have him introduced than see more Bumblebee. Movie Bumblebee hasn't evolved at all in either design or character... he hasn't even got his voice back!
    There are also so many other wonderful characters in the Transformers universe from both the Autobots and the Decepticons (without even getting into the other factions) they could branch out with to bring some fresh interest to the movies.

What an idea, the rise and Fall of Megatron.

Orion Pax and Megatron on Cybertron. Aeons ago. would make for a great movie if treated like the avengers films... but I guess I'm dreaming.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

A mention of the Bumblebee movie, being a cheaper production.

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

No one's asking for a bumblebee movie because no one cares about him. No one cares because they put more effort into John Malkovich and Ken jeongs character than bb. The only people that care in the slightest are the g1 fans.

I say just keep making movies about optimus prime. At least we get Cullen.