Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: MP-11SW Skywarp

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    What's the go with KO's? Are they cheaper plastic? Off colours? Or are they made in the same factory as the originals?
    KO = Knock off aka fakes. Not made by Hasbro or TakaraTomy, they are often made by reverse engineering a real Transformer or with a mold stolen from the Has/Tak factory.
    They aren't made in the Has/Tak factory, sometimes the plastics are cheap garbage but other times they are better made, the colors are generally the same as the originals.
    Hope this has helped unconfuse you

Quote Originally Posted by micfox001 View Post
    I think the KO version would be released before the reissued.
    We have our own thread about them here.

Besides, let's wait and see if Skywarp gets the "+" treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    KO = Knock off aka fakes. Not made by Hasbro or TakaraTomy, they are often made by reverse engineering a real Transformer or with a mold stolen from the Has/Tak factory.
    They aren't made in the Has/Tak factory, sometimes the plastics are cheap garbage but other times they are better made, the colors are generally the same as the originals.
    Hope this has helped unconfuse you
    That's interesting... stolen molds!!? Is there stories of this happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    That's interesting... stolen molds!!? Is there stories of this happening?
    There's a list of known lost/stolen molds here http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Mold there's no real way to know for certain which ones were actually stolen, though most say that the G1 Dinobots were definitely stolen what with the sheer number of fake G1 Dinobots there are out there.
    There's also lots of stories of different MP molds and/or CAD files being stolen, what with the accuracy of some of the fake MPs, but it's mainly speculation on those.

On topic, considering the price and how little different MP11SW Skywarp seems to the Hasbro release I can't really myself picking this one up

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    There's a list of known lost/stolen molds here http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Mold there's no real way to know for certain which ones were actually stolen, though most say that the G1 Dinobots were definitely stolen what with the sheer number of fake G1 Dinobots there are out there.
    There's also lots of stories of different MP molds and/or CAD files being stolen, what with the accuracy of some of the fake MPs, but it's mainly speculation on those.

On topic, considering the price and how little different MP11SW Skywarp seems to the Hasbro release I can't really myself picking this one up
    Thanks DarkHyren, makes for some interesting reading on the subject - particularly that Hasbro hasn't done much to stop it. Anyway, better to stay on topic. Cheers for the link.

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'm another one hanging out for another MP11 Skywarp run. Hopefully TT Mall or even Hasbro roll one out since I'm sure that Takara won't do a mainstream release.

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    Looks like they got additional slots

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    Looks like they got additional slots
    A bit of a waste as I believe most people who have missed had already ordered elsewhere. They also should have increased the limit on this piece in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    A bit of a waste as I believe most people who have missed had already ordered elsewhere. They also should have increased the limit on this piece in the first place.
    I don't think it's PC's fault -- TT probably saw the mold hadn't degraded into dust so decided to produce more figures and only just told the suppliers.