Page 1 of 20 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen1 Console game - Devastation

Default Gen1 Console game - Devastation

After 30 years, could we finally be getting a classic Gen1 Universe computer game?
    A game site has released some images of a game being done by Activision, that has a very cartoonish style of colouring, featuring Gen1 characters.

The official announcement will be later at a gaming convention called E3 (June 16-18). A pity that there has been no indication of Activision being at BotCon this year, to give the fans a chance to find out more about it.

No idea about when it is likely to be released, so in a few days time, hopefully we find out.

The game should be called Devastation, and some of the images show Devastator, so if it comes out by the end of the year, I guess Hasbro might have planned it that way to help sell the new big toy.

(I want to get my hopes up on this, but the WFC game was originally planned as a pre-Gen1 game for the fans before Hasbro thought it would be good to make it part of TFPrime to help the marketing of the toyline at the time... so I'll wait until there is some reviews out there of the game-play and story first.)

Default Transformers Devastation game leak.

TFW has some leaked information on a upcoming Transformers video game call Devastation via a site called Pure Xbox. http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...vealed-183011/

E3 starts on Tuesday morning at 2:30am AEST with the Microsoft's Xbox press conference. Hopefully we will see concrete info on Tuesday either there or in Sony's press conference later on Tuesday. If there's no info at either of those events expect info on Wednesday AEST as the E3 show floor opens.

EDIT 16/06/15: Live on youtube.com/e3 Geoff Keighley had an interview with some of the guys from Platinum Games talking about the game. Firstly, it's coming in "Fall", don't ask me what the exact dates of "Fall" are because American's don't know how to use a calendar. It will have 5 playable charactes, all Autobot, you can't play as Cons. It's not actually Geewun based, they are pulling from the G1 cartoon, IDW and Hasbro Generations.
    Last edited by DELTAprime; 16th June 2015 at 05:29 AM.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I hope there's a Playstation 3 (or even 4) version of this.

inb4 "It N33dz 2 b on PC cauz it5 da mast3r rac3!!1!!"
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

I hope that they make a version for the PS3, because I'm not much of a gamer and I'm not going to buy a new console just to play one game. I bought a PS3 when FoC came out because I also wanted a Blu Ray player.

And please don't tell me that I'll get into gaming just by virtue of having a new console, because that totally didn't happen w/ the PS3. Someone even gave me a bunch of free PS3 games; I played one of them for like a month and haven't touched any of the games since. I'm more of a toy player than a game player, but I would like to get this game if it's available for my console. Otherwise, as nice as it looks, I'll probably pass on it.

I would love if this is a sequel to War/Fall of Cybertron and everyone loses their minds.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I hope that they make a version for the PS3, because I'm not much of a gamer and I'm not going to buy a new console just to play one game. I bought a PS3 when FoC came out because I also wanted a Blu Ray player.

And please don't tell me that I'll get into gaming just by virtue of having a new console, because that totally didn't happen w/ the PS3. Someone even gave me a bunch of free PS3 games; I played one of them for like a month and haven't touched any of the games since. I'm more of a toy player than a game player, but I would like to get this game if it's available for my console. Otherwise, as nice as it looks, I'll probably pass on it.
    It's most likely gonna be 360/X1/PS3/PS4/PC/Wiiu and maybe a 3DS port.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    I would love if this is a sequel to War/Fall of Cybertron and everyone loses their minds.

It's most likely gonna be 360/X1/PS3/PS4/PC/Wiiu and maybe a 3DS port.

I bought the PS3 specifically for WFC and the blu-ray feature. I'm more of a gardener than a gamer these days but if it's a really good G1 styled game I'll upgrade to the next gen for it

Heh the battle chargers are now merged into one to become the base Genericon model.

Hopefully this is available for the PC, and that it'll run on my acing Mac Pro (nothing I've bought yet has managed to bring it to its knees so far.)

OMG this looks awesome. If it's as good as the WfC/FoC games incl multiplayer I would fork out for a next gen console just to own this game.

I'm dreaming right? G1 styled cell shaded aesthetic brawler game in 2015?

Instant buy

That looks incredible! Any news on which developer is handling this?