Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920

Thread: TFCC Botcon 2016 theme - Dawn of the Predacus

With every new post on this thread the more I find my decision not to fly over justified. It doesn't sound like it will be as good as '09 or '11. It sounds like atmosphere will be lacking on Sunday. I reckon I will wait for the second year of whatever comes next.

Onto something positive, after that rant...

IDW artist Matt Frank will be selling Beast Wars prints at BotCon at his table, and revealed one of them, featuring the original Optimus Primal (bat) and Megatron (alligator) fighting it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    With every new post on this thread the more I find my decision not to fly over justified. It doesn't sound like it will be as good as '09 or '11. It sounds like atmosphere will be lacking on Sunday. I reckon I will wait for the second year of whatever comes next.
    This was one reason why I wasn't planning to go this year (last year was so disappointing with the way it was planned out - the only thing that saved it was having Welker there), and I only changed my mind for this year when it looked like it might be the last one... so figured it would be worthwhile seeing off the event, and some people that I might not see again (especially if it will become a Hasbro-run family event, I just can't see a lot of the old-timer regulars going if it isn't still mostly fan-focussed).

So this year (like in 2004) I'm actually more interested in spending as much time as I can with some long time friends for what might be the last time (which I thought was the case in 2004, so you never know I guess)... and I think I may be a little sad on Sunday afternoon as I try to process whatever I am likely to be feeling after the last panel (of the history of BotCon), and the subsequent winding down of the remaining 90 minutes (which I think will have a very empty Dealer Room).

According to a person whom I think did this year's BotCon comic, the story this year is set in 2035, and a promo image has been released suggesting that there could be an Optimus Primal toy and Rhinox toy at BotCon this year (as at-show toys).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    According to a person whom I think did this year's BotCon comic, the story this year is set in 2035, and a promo image has been released suggesting that there could be an Optimus Primal toy and Rhinox toy at BotCon this year (as at-show toys).
    Damn... that could change my mind...

Must have!!!!!!!!