Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Go

I was blown away tbh coz I'd never seen it. Hatched at just under 1k CP too

Caught a porygon closer to release near Messina in Parramatta but it's only 400, too weak to do much with.

That being said I only just saw and caught my first Charmander last week and I've yet to even see an electric rat, fossil or Tauros. Most people seem to be getting many of the last 30 or so mon from eggs, but I only get shellder from the 5km and wheedle from the 2km. My one and only 10km gave me a pinsir that got turned straight into candy.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Caught a porygon closer to release near Messina in Parramatta but it's only 400, too weak to do much with.

That being said I only just saw and caught my first Charmander last week and I've yet to even see an electric rat, fossil or Tauros. Most people seem to be getting many of the last 30 or so mon from eggs, but I only get shellder from the 5km and wheedle from the 2km. My one and only 10km gave me a pinsir that got turned straight into candy.
    Tauros is a region locked pokemon to north america but can get it if hatched i think

Kangaskan is specific to australia and nz
    Mr Mime is locked to western europe
    Farfecthed is locked to asia

Saw this video on TV tonight. The game was late to Taiwan and crowds are still fighting to catch the rarer ones.

Tauros is locked to US, but I've seen a couple of gyms have him in Sydney. Either they are hatched, or someone was either on holidays in US or a US citizen on holidays here. The coding is there in the game

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Tauros is locked to US, but I've seen a couple of gyms have him in Sydney. Either they are hatched, or someone was either on holidays in US or a US citizen on holidays here. The coding is there in the game
    Or people cheated using other apps and hacks...

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Yes that too unfortunately

My folks just spent 4 weeks in the US and I was tempted to ask them to catch one over there for me (ie log into my account and catch it) but decided against it for fear of being banned. Would have been nice though.

On the popularity side, yeah the game has died quickly. This is what happens when they open the game only partly finished and don't provide any major updates since it came out. I had a FB group that was active daily, now it is down to maybe 1 or 2 posts from members a week.

They are so focused on rolling it out to other countries that they are not providing current players with incentives to keep playing. Only so much appeal you can get from constantly throwing pokeballs and gym battles.

I turn it on maybe once a week if I have nothing better to do. Otherwise I'm done with the game until some decent content arrives. It shouldn't take this long for PVP, trading and a better system for raising and battling pokemon.

Don't even get me started on the battle system which is just a tapping frenzy, no skill really involved. I miss the old Gameboy battle system.

/end_rant

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Not necessary, some pass the account to someone in US to catch one.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    My folks just spent 4 weeks in the US and I was tempted to ask them to catch one over there for me (ie log into my account and catch it) but decided against it for fear of being banned. Would have been nice though.
    My sis is in Japan and we've been aiming for the same thing. I've caught her a Kangaskhan now that they're so common, and am waiting for her to catch me a Farfetch'd. I suppose if my account was banned because of this I'll just stop playing altogether, so no huge loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Don't even get me started on the battle system which is just a tapping frenzy, no skill really involved. I miss the old Gameboy battle system.

/end_rant
    +1. Give us better gameplay and 90's graphics! Do appreciate that all the Pokemon sounds makes are from the original game.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!