View Poll Results: TF3 : DotM - worth watching?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • excellent, must see

50 43.86%
  • good, see if you can

35 30.70%
  • average

22 19.30%
  • disappointing, avoid it

7 6.14%
Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172232 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Review - Transformers 3 : Dark of the Moon (spoilers)

I liked it, but didn't at the same time. The robots were there but it didn't feel like they were really in it. Can't explain.
    I'm still tossing up between this and ROTF being the better one.
    Laserbeak was awesome but Soundwave needed more screen time along with shockwave.
    Can't believe Soundwave died at the hand of Bumblebee. I sat there saying 'do it, do it, do it' when he nearly copped it then BLAMMO no more Soundwave. How the hell did that happen?
    Carley was much better then..the other one. Don't mind some perv shots though I can't really appreciate them anymore.
    Simmons was still a retard and they could have cut the parts with the parents. It fit in the other movies but was forced this time around.
    Megatron was just pathetic and Starscream was a rabid animal.Overall it was worth it but 3rd time around and it still doesn't feel like transformers.

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    Where was Barricade?
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Same place where Jolt is now.
    Jolt was killed by Shockwave (re: Rising Storm).

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon
    Did Ratchet say a word?
    I think he did, because I remember some close up shot when Ratchet was speaking, and I noticed that the DotM Ratchet model actually has the new colours from the DotM toy -- which prompted to buy the toy yesterday.

Why is the artist who designed Wheeljack/Q`s head such a retard?
    I dunno, but the comics have tried to explain it. Basically he used to look like this until he was nearly killed by Shockwave. Ratchet said that although he could rebuild Wheeljack that he wouldn't be "quite the same."

Why was there no person in the drivers seat of Sideswipe when driving?
    Yeah, I noticed that. <shrug> Maybe cos he wasn't driving in a heavily populated area? I don't know...

Why did Laserbeak talk? Didnt he such screech in G1?
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    He had a few lines of dialogue at some point
    Laserbeak did speak briefly in very early G1, but he soon stopped and just squawked for most of his appearances. Besides, this isn't G1.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I forgot to ask Gok what he thought of movieverse Time Warrior?
    More like Meantime!

I just read #1 of the comic adaptation of DotM and Shockwave is portrayed as being more like his G1 self. I suspect that the comic script may be based on an earlier version of the movie script... if so, then I wonder why they decided to change him and severely dumb-down the character.

My thoughts are 'Wow, I want more' because I loved it. I fully agree with Hursticon that this movie is full of awesome. Action, humour, characters.

This movie delivered alot and without a doubt is the best out of all. I love the homage to G1 episodes, and how this was darker and more doomsday. Of course I'm upset Wave got killed by Bee, but more battle scenes and the twist with Sentinel more than made up for this.

My thoughts on characters:
    Soundwave & Laserbeak was nice homage, and were the perfect loyal spies.(really makes me want to see a leader soundwave for obvious size class combination of toys).
    Megatron true to his character came up with another plan and caved to his own greed (could have flicked her though).
    Starscream cowered to megs like normal and was 'overshadowed by his stupidity' in the end.
    Shockwave a stone-cold con, flying solo as he always has. Would have seen him perfectly fit into the plot as the one who commands the decepticons through the space bridge but still great to have him in the movie.
    And I'm assuming Bumblebee was the one who got all the autobots caught towards the end lol.

I've noticed people complaining about human parts, but we must remember this is a movie for everyone, not just fans. I think it is an important component to the movie, I would like to think humans would have some contribution considering it is our planet.

Also the movie had a great story behind it. Whilst it may not link up with the book fully, does any book/movie. And also somewhat link with G1 episodes for us fans was great. The movieverse should not have to be placed in comparison with the cartoon, but should be an inspired evolution which this movie was.

You could easily follow up this movie, with Unicron coming because of cybertron wormhole, galvatron rising, ghost scream existing on the world wide web. My imagination is running away.. the magic of money always has a way of making a sequel.

But to close.... Very impressed- 99% because nothing is ever perfect
    Last edited by LambOfPrimus; 1st July 2011 at 11:51 PM.
    JUST GOT: -----
    LOOKING FOR: -----
    ------------------------------------------------
    " HEY! Nobody calls Soundwave un-chras-imatic! "
    ------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by LambOfPrimus View Post
    You could easily follow up this movie, with Unicron coming because of cybertron wormhole, galvatron rising, ghost scream existing on the world wide web. My imagination is running away.. the magic of money always has a way of making a sequel.
    That would be so cool. Planet sized enemies have been done before eg Rise of the Silver Surfer, Green Lantern so it shouldn't be to hard.
    I'd love to see the dinobots go up against Galvatron and Co

Just got back from seeing it for the first time, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Probably the best of the 3 movies.
    I thought the storyline wasn't too bad for an action movie. No action movie plot stands up to sever scrutiny, especially one with giant mechanoid aliens from outer space with a transdimensional space bridge capable of transporting an entire planet. I think some people are looking for a little too much. (And physics defying action scenes? C'mon. Try physics defying of the sudden appearence of a gravity well larger than our own inside the orbit of the moon!)
    Personally I don't give a ... about character development. If I want that I'll watch an Oscar winning drama movie. I just want cool visual appealing actions scenes, and transformers doing things (don't even care what) on screen. (Are my expectations of these movies too low? Perhaps).

Some good points:
    nice references to the TF universe (Wreckers, Ark, etc)
    some good cameos (I had to tell my son that was the real Buzz!)
    good comedic moments especially Wheelie/Brains combo (and the "clusterf..." line)
    the slo-mo transformation and action sequences - they gave you a bit more time to fully appreciate exactly what was going on and absorb the awesome visuals.
    Rosie Huntington-Whitney.
    Hermity-Megs was cool, and I would have liked a little more time spent on him (what the hell was he doing in Africa with all those hatchlings? And who is looking after them now?).
    BBee is badass and still the best of the Autobots (SSwipe a close 2nd)
    Very brutal TFvsTF fight scenes, and TF killing humans scenes

Some of the bad:
    Shockwave was fully lame.
    Bay perhaps tried to cram a bit too much into this movie (its almost exhausting to watch)
    too much humans running around wrecked city streets, and the breaking building scene went on way too long.
    Q was crap
    Laserbeak could transform into too many things (this just didn't sit right with me)

Anyways, I really liked it and can't wait to go see it again.
    (Still not going to buy any DOTM toys though).
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Thumbs up

i liked the movie!
    although reading many spoilers & viewing most trailers there where still enough suprises!
    i will see it again! i am happy the movie is finally out!

Saw it last night. It's official, the first movie was a fluke.

My wife and I watched this last night. Really enjoyed it.

She was sad that Iron Hide died, as Iron Hide was and is still her favourite TF character (since when she was 9). I said that ... well ... you have to have a kinda important character die for there to be some emotional impact (at least, that's what I thought).

Also, did anyone think that the storyline bears similarities to the G1 episode "The Ultimate Doom" ?

I'm still not sure if I want to see this, especially after the atrocity that is ROTF.

Could we consider Cybertron destoyed from the ending of this move? After the command pillar was destroyed and the bridge stopped working, cybertron went into a sot of whillpool look and seemed to crumble away.

If thats the case, then surely the next movie will look like Galaxy Force!!!!