Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Generations Legends Cliffjumper revealed

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I don't see the point in redoing characters that have already been done as CHUGUR characters period, regardless of size classes. I'd rather see Generations focus on characters that have never been done as a Classicsverse toy in any way, shape or form. Ultra Class Powerglide is a lot bigger than other Mini-Bots, but why not? A10 Thunderbolts aren't exactly tiny. This photo shows a VW Beetle parked next to the GAU-8/A Avenger Gatling cannon that's mounted on an A10 (these babies "bring the rain" by firing armour-piercing sabot rounds ).
    Although I disagree about the scale, I do agree that we should get figures who don't have a classics fig before we get redos. However, I wouldn't fill the line with ONLY characters who don't have a toy, as you'd lose interest. It's good to chuck in a few well known character's figs to pad it out.
    Last edited by Bidoofdude; 19th May 2014 at 05:54 PM.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Due to how spoilt we've been with Cliffjumpers in the last few years, a straight repaint of that BB without even a new head is pretty disappointing.

I might pick it up if I see it cheap just because it's red.

as for the other minibots being re-done, I liked what's been done so far in general, Powerglide even.

if they re-did all of them in the same manner of neat design philosophy they did Warpath, I'd be all over every single one of them.

I have a whole lot of the legends class generations toys and they are fine for desktop figures but those characters done like Warpath would be super sweet.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Due to how spoilt we've been with Cliffjumpers in the last few years, a straight repaint of that BB without even a new head is pretty disappointing.

I might pick it up if I see it cheap just because it's red.

as for the other minibots being re-done, I liked what's been done so far in general, Powerglide even.

if they re-did all of them in the same manner of neat design philosophy they did Warpath, I'd be all over every single one of them.

I have a whole lot of the legends class generations toys and they are fine for desktop figures but those characters done like Warpath would be super sweet.
    Do we know if he has a new head or not yet?
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

What I'd really like is not more Minibot CHUG figures but rather more MP Minibots. MP Bumblebee looks appropriately Minibotish next to MP Ultra Magnus.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    What I'd really like is not more Minibot CHUG figures but rather more MP Minibots. MP Bumblebee looks appropriately Minibotish next to MP Ultra Magnus.
    Why not both? If we can get the rest of the insecticons out of the way (please Hasbro, Skrapnel looks amazing), I'd love to see the rest of the minibots make up the Generations legends class waves.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Why not both? If we can get the rest of the insecticons out of the way (please Hasbro, Skrapnel looks amazing), I'd love to see the rest of the minibots make up the Generations legends class waves.
    And after that it would be nice to see them do the rest of the Throttlebots, not just repainted Bumblebee's as Goldfire/Gold Bumbebee. They could even do Wide Load in a higher toy size for scale. I know we had a Alternators Rollbar but the colour scheme was all wrong, and Chase in the RescueBots-verse is a cop car instead of a red Ferrari.

I know they weren't the most popular characters and toys, but they were in both seasons 3 & 4 of the cartoon, in the Marvel comics and have cropped up now and then in the IDW-verse. Certainly more well known than the likes of Scoop (not that I don't love Scoop that is).

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    And after that it would be nice to see them do the rest of the Throttlebots, not just repainted Bumblebee's as Goldfire/Gold Bumbebee. They could even do Wide Load in a higher toy size for scale. I know we had a Alternators Rollbar but the colour scheme was all wrong, and Chase in the RescueBots-verse is a cop car instead of a red Ferrari.

I know they weren't the most popular characters and toys, but they were in both seasons 3 & 4 of the cartoon, in the Marvel comics and have cropped up now and then in the IDW-verse. Certainly more well known than the likes of Scoop (not that I don't love Scoop that is).
    Have the throttlebots been in any IDW media yet? I know Goldbug/Goldfire/"Bumblebee" has, but have any others?
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Have the throttlebots been in any IDW media yet? I know Goldbug/Goldfire/"Bumblebee" has, but have any others?
    The whole team appeared in Spotlight: Metroplex. Goldbug is a different character in the IDW comics to Bumblebee (even though Bumblebee got rebuilt into the Goldfire body he remained "Bumblebee").

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The whole team appeared in Spotlight: Metroplex. Goldbug is a different character in the IDW comics to Bumblebee (even though Bumblebee got rebuilt into the Goldfire body he remained "Bumblebee").
    Searchlight was in one of the early comics as well, I think the story arc where they were going to confront Thunderwing.

Why not both?
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|