Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BOTCON 2014 NON-ATTENDING REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    I'm a bit worried. I just signed up for the club and paid. I also registered for the Iacon boxed set. Bit worried as they have charged me out of my account for the set but have not received any email confirmation and no record is even showing up on my store details apart from the membership charge. is this normal? Bit worried cos of what happened few years back with this club.
    I don't think they show Botcon purchases on your store history, it's a separate system (at a guess)

Have you received email confirmation yet? for your Botcon set?
    If not I would be emailing them soon for assistance.
    Did you print out the final page of the non-attending registration with an invoice number on it?
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I don't think they show Botcon purchases on your store history, it's a separate system (at a guess)

Have you received email confirmation yet? for your Botcon set?
    If not I would be emailing them soon for assistance.
    Did you print out the final page of the non-attending registration with an invoice number on it?
    I've discovered that I needed to log in to the botcon section. And my order is there. Still no email though.
    Man! That website is just awful. Nothing but trouble.

Ordered this morning...

Went to my training course in a very happy mood

Passed my test too...

I've discovered that I needed to log in to the botcon section. And my order is there. Still no email though.
    If you printed out or took a screen shot of your confirmation page, I recommend sending that to them in a polite email tonight, mentioning that you are yet to receive a confirmation email. That way they'll have it in their inbox their Friday morning and should be able to follow it up for you that day.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Ordered this morning...

Went to my training course in a very happy mood

Passed my test too...
    Congrats on passing your test!!

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Congrats on passing your test!!
    Thanks mate, it was an ITIL course and if you know of it you will understand...

It feels like I have had a dictionary smashed into my head.

So we had at least two people who would have been willing to buy bagged sets but couldn't afford it, and 3 or 4 people wanting a loose set, or most of a set who have now missed out on getting them for a reasonable price... and we had this topic set up to avoid just this.

If you contact them, just be nice, because if you joined at the same time as registering for the boxset, the delay in processing the membership is normal, and is likely holding up your boxset purchase.

With all the well-known glitches, issues, and stuff-ups from FunPub, and at least three months delay with the BotCon registration (so it wasn't exactly a surprise when it started) I had actually wondered if it was even necessary to warn people not to leave joining up until the last minute.
    Membership registration used to take up to a week or two to take affect as they had to manually process it (the automatic charge on the card is not a guarantee of membership). So while their focus is on BotCon registration today, they may not manually process memberships until later... and as such, any Boxset registration that claims to be a member but isn't on the list, may be put aside and processed later (if they still have the stock).

The immediate credit card charges appear to be a hold on your money while they verify your eligibility to those items, so a charge on your card for an item, doesn't mean that item is secured. If you aren't eligible, or they run out, then they'd just return the money to you.
    If you are eligible, then they keep the money and eventually send out a confirmation email.

They sent out an email to say non-attendee sets are sold out, just 18 hours after the email saying that pre-ordering of the sets was now open!

Either they didn't have many, or people are just not interested in the convention if they are just after one or two toys.

They did note though, that if they have some attendee sets still unsold closer to the convention, they will put them up for sale to non-attendees.

Funpub have just announced that they've moved more sets to the non-attending set list.

If you don't have one yet and want one, now is probably the time to jump in.

Default Non-attending registration

Fun Pub sent out an email this morning to say that they have shifted more sets across from Primus packs to the Iacon packs.

there are not many sets.
    Registration will close on the 4th of June.
    Any remaining sets, which they will not guarantee, may be available at late registration on Friday morning of the convention.

That doesn't surprise me... as we haven't heard any updates of the boxsets selling since the first day of attendee registration... so most of the remainder is likely to be available to non-attendees.
    I was 50-50 on whether this year's set would sell out, as it had the Scorponok and smaller production numbers to sell it, but the decline in support of FunPub must be even more significant than I'd expected (if they can't even sell about 1500 sets worldwide).