Thread: TF3 game demo, story, game and cover images

Default TF3 game demo, story, game and cover images

****MOVIE SPOILERS, obviously****

As the game release date approaches (June 14th), more info is being released to hype it up.

The Game will be released on Playstation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS. No mention of PC this time, or PS2 (which is now considered obsolete I guess).

A demo can be seen here.

Game covers, including the 'Stealth Versions' with bonus Minivehicle toys.

HEAPS of Game images, plus details on the setting of the game (a prologue to TF3 instead of playing it out, apparently)

The Game features 'Hybrid' modes, like the Stealth Force toys... which looks to be something Bay must have really liked, to want to include the concept in his third movie (Stealth Force toys were developed before he started working on TF3).

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:
    The Transformers: Dark of the Moon video game thrusts players directly into an original prologue storyline to experience the epic battles on Earth that will shape the events of the upcoming blockbuster film. Armed with a new gameplay mechanic called Stealth Force, fans will be able to instantly convert to a third, hybrid state that combines the weapons and firepower of Robot Mode with the agility and maneuverability of Vehicle Mode. Set in unique environments around the world such as the Jungles of Central America, Siberian military facilities, Urban Cityscapes and more, the game lets players assume the roles of a diverse roster of favorite TRANSFORMERS characters from the movie through a heart-pounding campaign to save mankind. Additionally, fans can play the game with or against their friends through intense, online multiplayer game modes as iconic characters.

KEY FEATURES:

• Change the Fight – In addition to TRANSFORMERS characters’ traditional Robot and Vehicle Modes, players can now instantly convert to a third, hybrid vehicle-based state called Stealth Force that features advanced weapons, defense systems and targeting capabilities while in a highly maneuverable vehicle form that maintains strafing abilities.
    • Delve Deep into the Prologue Storyline – Set during the colossal events that occur right before the upcoming film directed by Michael Bay, the game allows fans to fight against and interact with the most prominent characters and villains debuting in the movie. Most of all, players will learn the origins of MEGATRON’s newest DECEPTICON assassin and face of evil, SHOCKWAVE.
    • Jump in and Play as Iconic Movie Characters – Utilizing simple, intuitive controls allow casual players to jump right in and play while providing customizable nuanced control for more experienced players as well. The game features a single, heart-pumping campaign with distinct levels tailored to each TRANSFORMERS character.
    • Take the Epic Battle Online – Friends around the world can compete with or against one another in intense multiplayer game modes as their favorite iconic TRANSFORMERS characters.

It will be interesting to see how much Activision's prologue story contradicts IDW's prologue store (Rising Storm), as they are both meant to lead into the actual movie.

I had high hopes for this game but after seeing the demo, it just looks like a movie version of WFC. Not saying I dislike WFC in any way, It just would've been good to get something a little different considering WFC 2 is already planned.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

High Moon were probably pressed for time to do this and WFC2. That's why they appear to have reused Optimus Prime's model from the ROTF game, and only minimally modified Bumblebee's robot mode (Bee has spoiler parts on his back and the correct vehicle mode, but has the wrong textures and torso).

They've also reused the ROTF Aerialbots and Breakaway on Starscream's level. In earlier screen shots, all the genericons and bots were simply the enemies from ROTF, but now they're replaced them with (somewhat bland and personality-less) spikey dudes that seem like a lazy attempt to do the movie style.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

I don't know if you guys have ever developed a third person shooter using UDK/UT3 before but all games to tend to have similarities...
    Although that is no excuse for the same damage direction, objective popups, cars sliding sideways. The popups ruin it for me, all they have to do is change a few textures so that it looks new...

Apart from that the game looks fine.
    Even though it does look like a reskinned WFC.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    High Moon were probably pressed for time to do this and WFC2.
    That's really the main problem with movie tie-in games. They have to come out around the same time as the movie and can't be delayed to make improvements or for further testing like most games.
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

So for those getting the game, what's your preferred method of purchase e.g. online or locally?

I've noticed that JB and EB are selling the game for approx. $95 - $100 whereas online shops such as Ozgameshop have them for approx. $60. I don't mind waiting a few extra weeks by ordering online if I make this kind of savings. I'm a little confused that it would be so expensive locally because if memory serves correct, ROTF came out at about the $50 - $60 price range.

Local retailers = FAIL (once again).

Launch Trailer
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Be sure to look at catalogues during launch week, movie tie-ins generally have decent day one prices.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    So for those getting the game, what's your preferred method of purchase e.g. online or locally?
    I'll just wait for it to come out onto the secondhand games rack at my local DVD rental for $24-$30. They get so many copies and most of the games-especially movie tie-in games-only get one play through...I am very stingy.

not sure about this one, if there's a downloadable demo on xbox i'll try that, i've still gotta get through crysis 2...
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett