Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Star Wars Episodes 1, 2 and 3 worth watching?

Default Is Star Wars Episodes 1, 2 and 3 worth watching?

Well I hope not to offend any die hard star war fans but...... I am old school in a lot of ways. To me you can’t go past episodes 4, 5 and 6. I have tried over the years to watch episodes 1-3 but just couldn’t get into it.

Is it worth the while hiring episodes 1-3 and watching them on a quite sat night to fully appreciate them? I’m in my early 30's and was wondering if anyone in my age bracket feels the same way.

They definitely lack the magic of 4,5 and 6 but they certainly help ease my curiosity for like so many i was always interested by Leia's reference to "The Clone Wars".
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

TheDirtyDigger Guest

I didn't really appreciate 1 so much until I saw 2.
    I really loved 2 and 3. I'm the same age as you Punish and I would say definitely do the quiet Sat night thing.

1 not so much (the podrace scene messes with the flow) but I loved 2 & 3. That's my 2c.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I consider myself a die-hard fan... but I actually cringe when I watch them! Bartrim is right - there's no "magic" in these films.

Episode 3 is definately the best out of all of them... but I'd prefer to watch Return of the Jedi instead! (Which is saying something!)

Ya can’t go past the x wing fighters and Speeder bikes etc in 4, 5 and 6 . I would love to get hold of some of those authentic 80’s toys.

I ain't in your age bracket, but it depends how you want to see it. EpI-III change the way you look at the Original Trilogy. It turns it from a more fantasy story into a tragedy, especially when it comes to Darth Vader.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

The personality and feel of the Star Wars saga radically changes for me when it comes to Episodes 1-3.

As mentioned before, they were a disappointment for me.

You may or may not feel the same way but it is certainly worth sitting down one weekend and watching them all. That way you can make up your own mind.

Hell yes!! Episodes 1, 2 and 3 complete the Saga and you can appreciate the original trilogy more. The fact is that the Star Wars saga is not really the story of Luke Skywalker - it is more accurate the tragedy of Anakin Skywalker. Even the original trilogy climaxes with the return of Anakin Skywalker (when he returned to the light and saved Luke from the Emperor). The prequels establishes the history of Anakin Skywalker - how he became a powerful Jedi and his fall to the Dark Side as Darth Vader. Episode III is my favourite of all the Star Wars movies. (^_^)

Anyway, here are some movie trailers to give you an idea of what to expect from these movies...
    Episode I: The Phantom Menace
    Episode II: Attack of the Clones
    Episode "2.5": The Clone Wars (check your local cinema for session times)
    Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

You haven't already seen 'em?!

If I were you, Yeah I'd watch them.

IMO, Ep. 3 definitely is the best one.