Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TF5 Motion Posters; First look at Cogman

Default TF5 Motion Posters; First look at Cogman

Entertainment Weekly had recently revealed 8 motion posters for TF5. One of which shows Cogman for the first time, who seems to be Anthony Hopkins' sidekick. Other motion posters showcase Optimus, Bumblebee, Hound, Hot Rod, Megatron, Barricade and Sqweeks.

You can view all of the motion posters on their website (source): http://ew.com/movies/2017/03/22/tran...alflow_twitter

"Autobots, roll out!"
    "We rollin'"

Ugh, "Cogman"....really? Hundreds of character names to pick from and they feel the need to make up a terrible one.

These look pretty cool. Still not a fan of the look of Hot Rod and Megatron though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokaze View Post
    Ugh, "Cogman"....really? Hundreds of character names to pick from and they feel the need to make up a terrible one.
    I dunno - an elderly butler to an aged aristocratic Englishman - seems kinda appropriate. "Oh Cogman, get me a brandy, theres a good fellow"

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    These look pretty cool. Still not a fan of the look of Hot Rod and Megatron though.
    I get very confused with Hot Rod's design, mainly cause I can't really tell where his eyes are

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I dunno - an elderly butler to an aged aristocratic Englishman - seems kinda appropriate. "Oh Cogman, get me a brandy, theres a good fellow"
    Oh, so that's why they would go with that name...Interesting.

Also, is it just me? Or am I the only one who gets an Ultron vibe when I'm looking at Cogman, in terms of his design.

"Autobots, roll out!"
    "We rollin'"

FatalityPitt Guest

G1 Fortress Maximus came with a drone/companion named "Cog".

Also, spoiler alert (which is why I'm writing it in a white font) - Cogman is a headmaster (apparently) (Reference:http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/12/06/t...roundup-329777)

My fanboy theory (again, a potential spoiler); Cogman (or perhaps Anthony Hopkins' character, who might secretly be a pretender) miiight form head of Fortress Maximus.
    Last edited by FatalityPitt; 23rd March 2017 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post

Also, spoiler alert (which is why I'm writing it in a white font) - Cogman is a headmaster (apparently) (Reference:http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/12/06/t...roundup-329777)

My fanboy theory (again, a potential spoiler); Cogman (or perhaps Anthony Hopkins' character, who might secretly be a pretender) miiight form head of Fortress Maximus.
    Interesting concept, yet to me, that doesn't seem too far-fetched. Ever since the writers room took place, it definatly left the door open for concepts of other continuities (Unicron Trilogy, Aligned, Beast Wars etc.) to be utilised to help expand the Transformers Cinematic Universe to the likes of Marvel. So I wouldn't mind seeing how that would play out.

"Autobots, roll out!"
    "We rollin'"

Sqweeks (with that deliberate misspelling) is terrible too. I can't tell if this is meant to be Transformers or the Challenge of the Gobots. I also can't see any alt mode kibble on Cogman... -_- At least they've gone back to a more traditional look for Bumblebee with noticeable alt mode kibble. Sqweeks goes to far the other way though, but I suppose he's kinda like a Junkion.
    Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    But not Cogman. What's next? Gasketdude and Grommetboy?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I also can't see any alt mode kibble on Cogman...
    According to this link Bay says Cogman is a Headmaster, so that might explain the lack of alt mode kibble
    Someone in the TFCCA facebook group said this and it sounds legit if you consider the medieval undertones we got when this movie was first announced
    "Cogman" sounds like a name given to a "machine man" by a medieval human...
    Last edited by griffin; 24th March 2017 at 09:47 AM. Reason: potentially a significant spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    According to this link Bay says Cogman is a Headmaster, so that might explain the lack of alt mode kibble
    Someone in the TFCCA facebook group said this and it sounds legit if you consider the medieval undertones we got when this movie was first announced
    I'll probably just get over it if it works in context. I just get bummed out sometimes when they claim the writers have studied X amount of Transformers lore, but then don't seem like they pay much respect to it.

Woah, you're getting really bummed over one name. It's not like Transformers has been perfect up to now.