Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Platinum Edition 5-pack Autobots pics

Quote Originally Posted by G1Optimal View Post
    thought this might be interesting
    Gubzlef Reviews Autobots United Platinum Edition TF4 5 pack

the length of the video is 30:18
    Nope nope nope! I can't take a 30 minute video from felzbug!!!
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    I turned sound off and just skipped to a few shots. That voice, geez.

I was going to do up a review of this set for those still on the fence, but had to retake a number of the comparison photos (because I mixed up old toys with new ones by mistake ).

Another Australian has posted up photos on TFW2005 of the set, and I'll post up mine later, so that it shows the number of differences between the regular release toys and this 5-pack.

Those TFW photos answers a question for me - is Drift only meant to have one fore-arm coloured gold. I thought mine might have been missing the paint app, but then saw that the left arm looked to be *painted* blue... which wouldn't make sense if it was meant to be painted gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    But it's not Felzbug doing it man. It's Gubzlef!
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Finally got all my piccies done (and redone)...

Front of box... duh.

Back of box.

Opened flap.

Out of box... each with separate instructions.

Close-up of them in bot-mode, to see all the extra paint apps on these compared to the regular releases (next photo).

It's almost like, these Platinum versions are what the designers originally wanted for the regular toys, but then the bean-counters came in and told them to keep removing paint apps until they were under budget.

Accessories are mostly the same, except silver swords for Drift instead of gold, and a black gun for Optimus instead of grey. Hounds weapons are a slightly lighter grey as well.

The differences in Vehicle mode.

Since Optimus is my favourite mould, a group shot of the six versions I now have. (I really wish I had that Japanese black one now)
    From left - Breakout Battle - regular - Autobot 5-pack - Evolutions - Silver Knight - JP Rusty.

Not sure why I forgot to keep the same order as above, which would make it easier to match up.
    From left - JP Rusty - Evolutions - Silver Knight - regular - Autobot 5-pack - Breakout Battle.

On this one you can see the back of the trucks, and most of them have the entire back section painted because of the post holes showing different plastic colours in them.
    The second one (Evolutions version) is unpainted, probably so that they could have the painted flames on the front and legs.

And again, I mixed up the order without realising it.
    At least this time they are in a specific order... rough release order.
    From left - regular - Silver Knight - JP Rusty - Breakout Battle - Evolutions - Autobot 5-pack.

A look at the underneath of the three cars to see a lot of the extra paint apps of the robot modes.

The extra paint apps on these in addition to the ones on the regular versions (probably not all of them either)...

Drift robot - upper arms, right forearm in gold, left forearm in blue, abs, thighs, shoulders, knees, feet.
    Drift car - Front bumper, rear engine, "3B" on rear bumper, light blue skirting goes along the entire sides. (blue wheels instead of silver - the silver look better though)

Bumblebee robot - face, chest/pecs, forearms, thighs, feet.
    Bumblebee car - top strip all the way to the back, red tail-lights, back rear spoiler, black skirting on sides and back, side-mirrors, silver wheels.

Crosshairs robot - goggles, chest, abs, forearms, thighs, knees, calves, toes.
    Crosshairs car - car logo on front, green front skirting, headlights, tail-lights, extra striping that covers both sides now and back.

Hound robot - head, arm shells, hands, crotch, abs.
    Hound vehicle - front bumper/grill, star logo on one side, black camo pattern on both sides.

Optimus robot - chest, shoulders, upper arms, knee-pads, hips,
    Optimus truck - (actually has less paint in this mode, and no other extra paint apps)
    Last edited by griffin; 3rd November 2014 at 08:43 PM.

Megatran Guest

Those pics of the Optimus Prime colour repaints are fantastic.

Going off topic: where can I get the the JP Black Optimus? (I too kicking myself for not getting him).

Awesome pics griffin! The Breakout Battle Prime is awesome, the only non-battlemask Prime that I like. And the Autobots United Prime still looks so gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Those pics of the Optimus Prime colour repaints are fantastic.

Going off topic: where can I get the the JP Black Optimus? (I too kicking myself for not getting him).
    Only through online sellers like eBay. It was a Japanese convention exclusive along with Nemesis Grimlock. Beware, it's incredibly expensive, probably the most expensive Nemesis Prime of all.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    Only through online sellers like eBay. It was a Japanese convention exclusive along with Nemesis Grimlock. Beware, it's incredibly expensive, probably the most expensive Nemesis Prime of all.
    Pretty much this ^^

Couldn't find one less than $250 previously and now I can only find him paired with Nemesis Grimlock for $400

This looks so good. I wish I had the money to buy them.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Just bought this from Myer Online for $116.10 shipped. Very excited - these are beautiful compared to the standard releases.