Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two new Toymate stores before Christmas

Default Two new Toymate stores before Christmas

Great news for those in Melbourne and Brisbane, as the next two Toymate stores to open will be in those cities.

In October, the first Toymate for Victoria will open up at the old site of ToysRUs at the Fountain Gate Westfield... which is in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
    (they even noted in the article that they are hiring 20 ex ToysRUs employees, which is really good of them to do that, but it was probably more to do with utilising their experience with toys for the benefit of the business)

And then in November, the second Toymate for Queensland will be opening up at the Logan Hyperdome... which is southside (just south of the Brisbane border, but right on the South East Freeway, which makes it only about 20 minutes from the CBD if no traffic).
    PLUS, the Hyperdome store is being noted as their "flagship" store, so should be huge. (the Robina store is pretty big, so if it is bigger than that, we should see a decent range on hand at all times, that price matches)
    I'm guessing that it will located where Myer used to be... probably not both floors though.

I wish they would move into the old TRU store at Sunshine Plaza in Maroochydore. Although, if they did decide a Sunshine Coast presence was desirable they might prefer somewhere in the new centre given the old TRU is located at the back of the now expanded plaza.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Great news for those in Melbourne .....
    Um.... no it isn’t! Fountain Gate shouldn’t even be called part of Melbourne!

Don’t get me wrong.... I got Roughstuff from there back in 89-90... but even growing up in the east and driving past on the way to Melbourne we only stopped maybe twice

Now days it’s a 60-90 min drive

Depends where you are . It’s a half hour drive from my place, and i worked there each weekend for four years. It’s closer for me than Highpoint or Northland

I visited a Toymate when I was in Sydney earlier this year and was impressed with the stock levels (better than I’d seen in any store for ages)

We were there only a couple of days ago and were wondering what was going in that space as there were no external signs (that we could see) of anyone using it.

This is great news! Can't wait to see how it unfolds!

I live in Oakleigh and consider Fountain Gate part of suburban Melbourne because I can get there on metropolitan public transport, if I'm patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    I wish they would move into the old TRU store at Sunshine Plaza in Maroochydore. Although, if they did decide a Sunshine Coast presence was desirable they might prefer somewhere in the new centre given the old TRU is located at the back of the now expanded plaza.
    They did that in the Bankstown TRU in NSW but it shared the space with Baby Bunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Um.... no it isn’t! Fountain Gate shouldn’t even be called part of Melbourne!

Don’t get me wrong.... I got Roughstuff from there back in 89-90... but even growing up in the east and driving past on the way to Melbourne we only stopped maybe twice

Now days it’s a 60-90 min drive
    Ermmm... it’s not much more than 45 minutes from the city unless you’re driving in peak hour. I know this because I live 10 minutes away from Fountain Gate (as in further away from the city). I can get to Werribee (where my brother lives, waaaay on the other side of the city) in 60 minutes.

“Shouldn’t even be called part of Melbourne”? Really?

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Fountain Gate store opens this Saturday

https://toymate.com.au/melbourne/fountain-gate

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Ermmm... it’s not much more than 45 minutes from the city unless you’re driving in peak hour. I know this because I live 10 minutes away from Fountain Gate (as in further away from the city). I can get to Werribee (where my brother lives, waaaay on the other side of the city) in 60 minutes.

“Shouldn’t even be called part of Melbourne”? Really?
    And there is a lovely freeway from the east to the west to help facilitate your travel...

But seriously, FG is covered by the CFA not the MFB. I may be old school, but that's a pretty clear way to define the edge verses the ever expanding monster that is Melbourne. Hell wait long enough and my childhood home 250KM away will be part of Melbourne one day!!

But talking to someone at the Lego Store opening this morning from there, it took them 90 mins to Doncaster this morning.... And I'm another 30 mins from Doncaster away from FG.... 2 hours for an overpriced SS Bumblebee with Charlie i don't think so.