Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars fx-force lightsabers

benben2142 Guest

Default Star Wars fx-force lightsabers

Hey guys I was wondering, can someone tell me what different star wars fx-froce lightsabers there are? And how much please, and winch one you would recommended?

benben2142 Guest

????

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Not sure exactly how many there are benben but I have six in my collection.

Vader, Maul (half), Luke (blue), Obi wan (blue) and Mace Windu x2.

I know there's a Luke green and a Yoda and another Maul half to form the double-bladed one. Not sure what else there is.

These things are great display pieces but craphouse toys. I knew some guys that played with them - the plastic sheath around the blade is quite brittle and prone to breakage (well, brittle when you smash them up against each other with repetitive, excessive and violent force, ehehehehe) and once that sucker fractures the blade just goes totally floppy.

I prefer the Hasbro electronic toy sabres - oversized, but more fun to play with.. they break too after some use, but much cheaper to replace. The little non-electronic sabres are even cheaper and have belt clips but the blades are short and they have no light or sounds.

Here's some pics of me and my friends mucking around with Hasbro electronic sabres.

Darth Maul sabre vs Qui-Gon Jinn sabre

Obi-Wan Kenobi light sabre

Anakin Skywalker light sabre

non-electronic Obi-Wan Kenobi lightsabres

and just for fun, my friend's Padmé Amidala cosplay

Darth Vader sabre

Darth Vader sabre vs Luke Skywalker sabre

And yes, it's me inside that Vader cosplay (even shaved my head)

Force FX sabres

benben2142 Guest

So how much is one?

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Usually $250 unless you can seduce a check out chick at an outlet that sells them then they are free.

even cheaper and have belt clips but the blades are short and they have no light or sounds.
    But those ones are extremely hardy. I have my own younglings beat each other up with them in all four colours.

benben2142 Guest

One time at toyworld I saw it for about $140!

TheDirtyDigger Guest

You might find them on special at places and when they did first come out they were about $100 but demand and prices skyrocketed. They are much cheaper in the US. If you could get it shipped cheap enough and safely then it would be better to buy from there.

But like Gok says ....they are fragile and only really display pieces although you can pull off some nice poses and take some good pics with them.
    Also the blue ones emit UV light which makes any neon LEGO you may have glow in the dark.

there are three kind of MR fx-force sabres...

I only have one of the kind... the mace-windu (purple) one... these actually takes 6 AAs. the other kind (check with TDD) I've heard takes 3 AAAs and has LEDs throughout.

The 3rd kind, I think, used to have the blade removable.

There are other sabres around similar to fx-sabres which allows you to duel but they are not made by MR.

The MR kind is purely for display and limited duel play

$140 is pretty cheap for a Force FX Sabre... and I'm surprised that you found one in a toy store, they're usually sold in specialty stores.