Thread: Unused Gen1 cartoon story proposal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Unused Gen1 cartoon story proposal

According to one of the cartoon writers who submitted story ideas for the original Gen1 cartoon, this was one that was proposed, but never used.

It was called "Eye of the Beholder", and was another story that had a Quintesson trying to create conflict between the Autobots and Decepticons.

Reading through it, I can see why it didn't make the cut.

Yeah that is an interesting idea.

Why would the Quint want to start a war between the Autobots and Decepticons? Haven't they been doing that for like 4 million years?
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Art? I think this was in interesting idea. Could have been developed, I think I would have liked it. Would have been way better than C-Minor. AND it was a season three episode with Bumblebee an actual original character (something that did not happen often in season 3)

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Why would the Quint want to start a war between the Autobots and Decepticons? Haven't they been doing that for like 4 million years?
    I think the implication was that it was supposed to be a Mutually Assured Destruction kind of war - it "has a 97% probability of starting a devastating war" (italics mine.) This is the kind of script that would have fit in well with much of the silliness of season three, and yes - seems better than the 'worst' episodes.