View Poll Results: Movie Nemesis Prime - worth getting?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • An evil Prime putting the smack down? Hells yes!

2 40.00%
  • Only if cheap

0 0%
  • Only if you don't have a previous version

0 0%
  • Na

3 60.00%
  • This figure is a Nemesis to good quality toys

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - MB-20 Nemesis Prime

Default Toy Review - MB-20 Nemesis Prime

Nemesis Prime
    Series - Movie The Best (Japan)
    Size/class - Leader
    New/remould/redeco - Redeco of TT Calibur Prime
    Released here - Not here (out in Japan March 2018)
    Allegiance - Quintesson
    Alt-mode - Truck
    Main Colours - Blue, Red, Silver
    Main Accessories - Sword, Axe, Shield

TRUCK MODE

Nemesis Prime is a redeco of the TT exclusive Calibur Prime which itself was an extensive (and much needed) retool of Armor Knight Optimus Prime. The truck is essentially unchanged from the past two incarnations. However in deference to the fact he is a darker character as Nemesis rather than Optimus, the paint job had been made more subdued with the red and blue being darker hues. I think this actually works to make the chrome to be found on various parts of the truck pop more.

Robot Mode

Whereas AK Optimus had a big, ungainly backpack, Calibur Prime had this convert into a huge shield which was a massive improvement. This has been carried over for Nemesis Prime, with the main change from Calibur is again the colour scheme with the reds and blues more subdued and the axe and shield have been given a purple tinge instead of orange. Speaking of purple, the eyes are now purple like in the movie, and in certain lights they look absolutely fantastic!

The Head

As well as the new purple eyes, Nemesis is sporting the big red streak on his face to show his allegiance to Quintessa. Both versions of the face (which can be rotated for either mask or non-mask) have this. I thought maybe it would have been good for one version to not have the streak so you could show him changing from Optimus to Nemesis and back, but it’s a minor quibble.

Overall
    It you have the previous versions of this toy mould you probably don’t need Nemesis, but if this is your first time encountering it or you want a representation of the on screen character, then I heartily recommend giving MB-20 Nemesis Prime a go. I'm sure he and your Infernocus will get along swimmingly!

For more information and TONS more pics, please check out my blog review of MB-20 Nemesis Prime here!

Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 18th April 2018 at 10:16 AM.

It's not often that a review convinces me to purchase a toy that I initially decided against getting. I initially skipped pre-ordering this toy because I wasn't interested, but after reading Trev's review I've gone and ordered one online. Thankfully at below RRP.

Well done, sir. Well done.

Nice write-up. It's interesting that the promotional images had Nemesis Prime coloured indigo, almost purple, but the final product is a darker blue.

If anyone's interested, here is a direct comparison between Calibur Optimus Prime and Nemesis Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    It's interesting that the promotional images had Nemesis Prime coloured indigo, almost purple, but the final product is a darker blue.
    <cough> Technically speaking purple, and particularly indigo, is actually a shade of deep blue. Newton added purples to the visible light spectrum really out of personal cultural bias rather than logic. He thought that there should be 7 colours since there are 7 notes in a musical scale, 7 days in a week etc. Yeah... not actually really scientific. Physics defines a spectral colour as a single wavelength of light in the visible spectrum.

If you want to be confused by this, have a look at Encore God Fire Convoy's colours, such as the front bumper on God Magnus. Sometimes it looks purple to me and other times it looks blue. It's really a deep navy blue, borderlining indigo. It's almost as bad as that stupid dress. Anyway, here endeth the lesson, back to talking about toys.

I just got invoiced for my Nemesis Prime order... now to wait. <drums fingers impatiently>

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It's not often that a review convinces me to purchase a toy that I initially decided against getting. I initially skipped pre-ordering this toy because I wasn't interested, but after reading Trev's review I've gone and ordered one online. Thankfully at below RRP.

Well done, sir. Well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Nice write-up. [/URL]
    Very kind guys

Wow - positive feedback - I must be on the Australian TF fansite
    Lets just say after my last two experiences I am never bothering to post a review on a certain US website again