View Poll Results: POTP DLX Dinobot Swoop - worth buying?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 70.00%
  • Only if (cheap or something else)

5 25.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not planning to get it

1 5.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - POTP DLX Dinobot Swoop

Galvatran Guest

I find it odd, but not totally surprised by Hasbro, the backing card shows photography of Swoop with a red chest & clear upper beak.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    I find it odd, but not totally surprised by Hasbro, the backing card shows photography of Swoop with a red chest & clear upper beak.
    Noticed that too
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Great figure. Relieved the silver bits on the chest are pad printed and not stickers. However, the robot head on my copy of Swoop tilts to the left. Any way to fix this?

Swoop has always been my favourite dinobot and even though his pteranodon mode is a bomber instead of a fighter, I can cope with that.

What I'll never be able to cope with is how the pteranodon head problem is more than just not being able to stay fixed in place but that the mouth keeps flapping open unless the sword is put in place beneath the chin. I wish this one had been better engineered/manufactured.

I am really enjoying this figure. Its a great update version of Swoop that is long overdue. Obviously not as pretty as the G1 original, but definitely more fun to muck about (ok, play) with.
    Despite some of the negative opinions/reviews getting around the web, I would still highly recommend this, especially if you dig the Dinobots.
    So far my only gripe (and the worst thing about all the dino figs) is THE LACK OF WEAPONS.
    I am having a hard time getting past this, and is such a massive failing on Hasbro's behalf.

(Am trying to weapon them up using some spares, with various levels of success...)
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Having finally got my hands on the first 4 Dinobots I am liking Swoop the best.
    Probably my favourite mode is leg mode. Those extra folding leg parts were quite the surprise and make for a sturdy leg.

Biggest disappoints? The loose beak and lack of 5mm ports. It is hard to store weapons on him in dino mode. Compare that to say Slag with 5 points which gives options for spare feet, hands, guns and swords. I suspect he is going to become the team mule.

I wanted to like this guy so much but the figure I got was surprisingly loose. The head just doesn't stay up in dino mode and the legs dangle when you pick him up. Looks great when he's completely stationary and you balance all the dangly bits but the second to look at him the wrong way he falls apart

Im loving this guy. The bot is where its at for me. I think i got lucky with mine in that have had the loose joints, (except the dino head being a touch loose) or warping issues