Thread: Top 10 most iconic Autobots

Default Top 10 most iconic Autobots

TOP 10 Autobots

Hi Everyone,

Just want to put this up for personal guide purposes. I mentioned in my introduction that I have only started collecting Transformers last year. I have mainly been collecting Masterpiece and so far I have purchased 9 figures

I have been basing my purchases on the importance of the character based on the original cartoon and how iconic they are. So without further ado, here are the 9 characters I have so far and the toys I use to represent them.

1. Optimus Prime (MP-10 Convoy)
    2. Bumbleebee (MP-20 Bumble)
    3. Jazz
    4. Prowl (MP-17 Prowl)
    5. Ironhide (MP-27 Ironhide)
    6. Ratchet (MP-30 Ratchet)
    7. Grimlock
    8. Ultra Magnus (MP-22 Ultra Magnus)
    9. Hot Rod (MP-27 Hot Rodimus)
    10. ???

This leads me to the question I want to ask you guys, who would you have as the 10th member and what figure would you use? Also state your reason. Remember there is no right or wrong since this is your opinion, but I want to know because I'm kinda indecisive about who it should be.

Thanks in advance,

Dal157
    Last edited by Dal157; 23rd August 2017 at 10:19 PM.

Wheeljack would be a pretty important one I'd say, he's responsible for many wacky inventions including the dinobots, that alone makes him important to me as I like the "mad scientist" types.
    Hound, Mirage and Sky/Jetfire also come to mind as "iconic" (probably more so then Ultra Magnus & Hot Rod, but that's just me) but my first thought when I considered "who is missing" was Wheeljack.

I'd go for either Metroplex (Generations Titan class, preferably the Takara version) or the Aerialbots/Superion (Combiner Wars/Unite Warriors or a 3rd Party offering). Probably Metroplex.

I'd agree with DarkHyren and go with an MP Wheeljack. He's important in the cartoon and pretty consistently important throughout G1 continuties.

My other suggestions would be Arcee or Omega Supreme. I think there's some third party MP like versions of both but am no expert. Arcee as "the female one" is very iconic, and if you ask people about stand out TFs from the cartoon I feel like Omega Supreme will always come up (more so than the other big guy Metroplex).

I'm going to echo the above, and say Wheeljack.

I may be biased, as he was one of the few G1 toys I had, but he was one of the most prominent Autobots in the series, often the source of inventions & new technologies.

He and Bumblebee were the first two Autobots on screen too in the initial scenes on Cybertron.

And the Masterpiece toy is pretty much universally regarded as amazing.

Agree with Wheeljack.

P.S.: A friendly reminder that discussion of unauthorised third party toys on this board is restricted to the unauthorised section, as per the board rules.

Disclaimer: I'm not a staff member, this is just a friendly head's up for a new member Carry on.

Thanks for the replies so far. To tell you the truth, Wheeljack is in my top 3 for the 10th spot. The other 2 have also been mentioned, Metroplex and Arcee

But it looks like Wheeljack will take the spot!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Agree with Wheeljack.

P.S.: A friendly reminder that discussion of unauthorised third party toys on this board is restricted to the unauthorised section, as per the board rules.

Disclaimer: I'm not a staff member, this is just a friendly head's up for a new member Carry on.
    Noted, thanks for the heads up I removed some details from the post (y)

Megatran Guest

Don't sweat it Dal. We're pretty easy on this board ... most of us anyway. A little sprinkle of 3P toys here & there never hurt anyone.

If I had money to burn I'd go with Fans Toys FT-20 Terminus Giganticus (not-Omega Supreme). What an imposing figure!

Not in particular order.

1. Optimus Prime
    2. Ironhide
    3. Wheeljack
    4. Grimlock
    5. Bumblebee
    6. Jazz
    7. Blaster
    8. Omega Supreme
    9. Jetire/Skyfire
    10. The Aerialbots

Obviously skewed to pre-movie era.

Edit......ahh crap should have read the whole lot of the first post.

Man, seriously I think a pile of MP figs could slot into the 10 possie.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)